Our property development loans are designed for experienced developers, with a proven track record. We take a relationship based-approach, working together closely to understand your ambitions and helping you succeed over the long term.
Whether you’re looking to fund new builds, carry out a residential or alternative residential conversion, undertake a refurbishment or embark on a commercial development project, we can help.
Build to rent?
If you’re planning on keeping your properties once the development is complete, our Specialised Residential Investment, Commercial Investment and portfolio buy-to-let teams could support you to do so. By refinancing onto a longer-term finance option with Hodge, you could save diligence and finance costs, as well as benefit from the security already being in place.
Working with Hodge
Projects come in all shapes and sizes, and we’ll work with you to make sure our development loans are tailored to support your ambitions.
Our expert team have ‘through the cycle’ development experience, so we’re well placed to support you, whichever stage your project is at.
We’re a small team, close to the decision makers, which means you can expect a quick and effective service, with minimal hold-ups along the way.
We offer residential and alternative residential development finance of up to £10m on single transactions to individuals, partnerships and limited companies.
At a glance
Here's an overview of our Hodge Development Loan for both residential and commercial developers. From our key criteria to the types of developments we can offer finance for, you'll find all the information you need below.
- Available to experienced developers – individuals, sole traders, partnerships, LLPs, limited companies, PLCs
- Build to rent option available
- Loan size – minimum £1.5m, maximum £10m
- Loan to Value (LTV) – maximum 65% GDV
- Loan to Cost (LTC) – up to 80% cost
- Term – up to 24 months
- Interest margin – 5.5-8%
- Interest basis – Bank of England Base Rate
- Fees – 2-3% (calculated on facility amount)
- Commercial development finance only – pre-let and/or pre-sale required
- Residential development finance only – New Homes Warranty (min 10 years)
- First legal charge over freehold or leasehold (Leaseholds to have a minimum of 125 years remaining at completion).
- Debenture incorporating charge over relevant contracts where applicable.
- Interest cover and cost overrun guarantee.
- Warranties from consultants/sub-contractors where design responsibility exists.
- Repayment profile – 100% net sale proceeds or refinance onto investment/PBTL facility.
Our recent work
Here are some examples of the type of development finance projects and clients we've worked with recently.
Morgan Developments Wales
Funded a 15 property sea-view residential developmentRead more
Funded the development of two luxury homes next to Cheltenham race courseRead more
Funded a city-centre repurposing offering New York style loft livingRead more
Funded the conversion of former carehome into 9 apartmentsRead more
Beckingham Homes (Alton)
Funded development of five new build properties in SurreyRead more
You might also like
Subject to status and affordability. Terms and conditions apply.