Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
An opportunity has arisen for a people focused person to provide front of house services to our colleagues and guests of the Hodge group. Providing a high-quality, low effort service that is delivered with professionalism, enthusiasm, a passion for creating a great colleague and guest experience, delivered to our high company standards
Key responsibilities will include:
- As the first person our colleagues and guests meet at Hodge, your job is to create a warm welcome and great first impression of our business.
- Deliver an effortless service experience both in person and when speaking to customers over the phone. Transfer incoming telephone calls appropriately or providing information in response to general enquiries. All calls should be handled so that our customers feel that you were easy to deal with.
- Co-ordinate our meeting rooms, monitoring bookings and providing logistical and technical support in preparation for meetings. Part of your role is to ensure that we take advantage of the technology that we have at our disposal at Hodge, so users of our facilities feel it was easy to do.
- Support requests for catering and refreshments, sourcing high quality, but low-cost suppliers to provide these.
- Ensure that the reception area and meeting rooms are kept tidy and to a high company standard.
- Receive and coordinate the sorting and distribution of daily incoming post. Coordinate and process outgoing post ready for collection.
- Book travel arrangements for staff and liaise with transport for wales for train tickets.
- Assist with property/facilities related queries as necessary, and where appropriate liaise with relevant third parties to ensure any cleaning or maintenance issues are resolved or completed to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Undertake the coordination of all office risk assessments and record findings on the H&S online portal.
- Act as first point of contact for all staff with any facilities or H&S queries.
What we need from you:
- People focused with experience servicing internal customer needs
- Numerate with the ability to analyse, interpret and report on data
- Ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail
- Good administrative skills
- Strong personal organisation skills with ability to plan and prioritise own workload
- Methodical approach
- Excellent inter-personal and customer facing skills plus computer literacy
- Demonstrable ability to operate within prescribed process frameworks as well as
- develop and embed processes
- Ability to work in a confidential environment and act with integrity
In return we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.