We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. With over 1,000 reviews we are ranked third place within a group of banks, rated as 4.7 out of 5. This puts us in the category of being an excellent service provider.
- Competitive Salary
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a Hybrid workspace.
- Full Time
- 26 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- Flexible working options
- Opportunities to get involved in our charity and community work
The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic, and educational areas own 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We give back to our local and wider communities through various forms of fundraising and support, and we encourage our people to do the same. Our employees get to take four days off work to do something for good causes with our ‘Four to do More’ initiative.
These are some of the many charities, we are currently working with;
We have an opportunity in our rapidly expanding Mortgages Division. Reporting to the Underwriting Team Leader(s), you will be responsible for supporting brokers and customers through the underwriting process following the sale of our mortgage products. We will need colleagues who are able to provide low effort customer experience in all interactions with our customers and brokers. We also need you to have a good attention to details that if missed may risk prolonging the experience for our customers and brokers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Carry out the required reconciliation work for the underwriting team to ensure that all deadlines and SLA’s are met.
- In any communication to customers you should have a positive tone of voice, turning difficult communications into positive experiences for our customers. Where you don’t know the answer, you should show your curious side and work with your colleagues and your Team Leader to find out the answer.
- You are someone who looks beyond the task that you are completing and considers how this impacts our customers.
- Live and breathe our Hodge values in your day to day interactions (Be Confident, Be Human, Be United, Be Curious, be Trusted).
- You will work with your colleagues to handle complaints originating from your team, by providing full resolution of each complaint you identify, ensuring feedback is delivered on how to avoid these errors in the future.
- When continuous improvement opportunities are identified within the mortgages team, highlight the processes that drives customer or colleague effort and working with the mortgages leadership team to fix these. You should help with creating solutions and giving feedback on these solutions.
- You are required to constantly learn, refresh and maintain your knowledge of our product range as part of our Training and Competency scheme. Where you need some support, you proactively flag this to your Team Leader and work with them and our product team to improve your skills and knowledge
- With guidance from the Underwriting Team Leader, you will take responsibility for your development and achieving the requirements of the training and competency framework. Requesting training, coaching and feedback on any gaps in knowledge or skills and progress.
- Recognise when colleagues go the extra mile through our internal recognition schemes.
Working with our business partners
- Work with external stakeholders as part of our drive to make our customers lives easier. Where they are impacting our customers journeys, you will be required to challenge and then work collaboratively with them and the team to find solutions and maintain our low effort experience.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as and when requested by senior management.
Please send your CV and a one page covering letter, shortlisted candidates will then be invited to attend an interview.
Please send your application using the ‘Apply Now’ Button by 25/03/2022.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.