Are you a recent graduate or part qualified accountant looking for a new opportunity to progress your career?
If so, we may just have the role for you!
We are looking for a Trainee Accountant to join our Finance Team. The successful candidate will be joining a truly progressive and highly supportive business, that offers plenty opportunities for career growth.
- Undertake administrative tasks for the Finance department to a high standard and within set time scales, ensuring key daily reconciliations and administrative tasks are up-to-date
- Assist in the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, recording all relevant information throughout the month within systems accurately
- Become familiar with the Group’s business lines and its accounting processes and controls
- In conjunction with Finance colleagues, undertake preparation and analysis of both management and statutory accounts
- Assist with the operations of the purchase ledger including key tasks such as recording transactions, processing payments and updating supplier records
- Initiate payments and record transactions in respect of treasury deals within the Treasury Management System, ensuring all deals are processed in line with the agreed process and controls
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Management Accounts Manager or Group Financial Controller
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Compliance & Risk regulatory and legislative information related to Group products and services (e.g. PRA/FCA rules, Data Protection, Money Laundering, etc.) as advised by line management
- Study towards the ACCA qualification or equivalent in line with the terms set out within the training contract
Desired candidate criteria:
- Proven strong academic background with a minimum 2.1 degree from a reputable university
- Graduate or Part Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills
- Hardworking attitude, whether operating independently or within a team
- Excellent communication skills
We would love to hear from you! Please click “Apply Now” and follow the process.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a follow up interview at a date to be confirmed.