Technology Incident & Problem Lead
Do you want to be part of a force for good, helping to make life better for customers & society in the moments that matter? At Hodge, we put people at the heart of our business and that means our customers, colleagues and communities. Hodge is a Welsh financial service provider that focus on commercial lending, and specialist residential mortgage markets. The company is unique in that it is 79% owned by the Hodge Foundation, a charity established in 1962 that awards grants to registered charities and is funded by the profits from Hodge.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
Key responsibilities will include:
Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager, the Technology Incident and Problem Lead will be responsible for:
- Ensuring a robust Technology Incident Process is in place for Technology related incidents.
- Coordinating activity and communications with stakeholders across Hodge during Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and Major Incident events.
- Ensure Technology Disaster Recovery plans are in place and that they are regularly tested in line with our regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that run books are available for Major Incidents which could impact from a Technology perspective.
- Be the single point of contact within Technology for Major Incidents (or ensure there is a deputy), and ensure there is a suitably qualified lead in place for other types of incidents.
- Ensure a robust Problem Management process is in place, including reporting on problem themes to allow prioritization of resource to fix persistent or high impact issues.
- Lead changes, working collaboratively across multiple teams to carry out root cause analysis and identify, record, and resolve problems.
- Ensure operational resilience is being built into Technology ways of working. Be the single point of contact between the operational resilience team and Technology.
What we need from you:
- Experience with IT infrastructure, systems, and applications
- Experience in complex problems analysis and identify root causes of major incidents
- Experience with leading teams in times of crisis/major incidents
- Experience with Incident/Problem management in an IT managed service environment
- Understanding of IT Infrastructure and Operating systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Excels under pressure and can adapt to changing priorities, deal with multiple tasks and work effectively in fast paced situations or in periods of crisis management
It would be desirable if you also have:
- ITIL V4
- Knowledge of ITIL (or ITIL certified) Infrastructure related technologies & understanding of business relevance of the technologies
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre or remote operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- Salary ranging from £40-50k
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
- At Hodge we operate a hybrid working policy where our colleagues work at least 40% of their time in the office, anyone on a remote contract we require to come into the office once a month.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.