Do you want to be part of a force for good, helping to make life better for customers & society in the moments that matter? At Hodge, we put people at the heart of our business and that means our customers, colleagues and communities. Hodge is a Welsh financial service provider that focus on commercial lending, and specialist residential mortgage markets. The company is unique in that it is 79% owned by the Hodge Foundation, a charity established in 1962 that awards grants to registered charities and is funded by the profits from Hodge.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
Under the overall management of the Test and QA Lead, undertake testing of enhancement and new features across multiple delivery teams and contribute to the technical landscape of Hodge. Engage with the wider IT and Change Teams to contribute to continual improvement of software testing and QA practices.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the Group’s products and processes, to ensure that testing work is aligned to the needs of the business.
- Be the point of contact for information on the infrastructure and application design of the systems landscape.
- Ensure appropriate test planning activities are carried out for each appropriate deliverable e.g. feature/number of scrums
- Understand core architectural patterns and frameworks used by Hodge.
- Design and create test plans, test cases to support the delivery lifecycle, ensuring traceability throughout the delivery lifecycle. Ensure other team members test output are linked correctly to ensure traceability.
- Lead test planning and estimation activities and provide experience-based estimation. Support other team members and ensure estimates are challenged
- Ensure the business requirements match the delivered solution and challenge if they do not.
- Lead the execution of manual functional, non-functional, and regression testing to satisfy the business and technical requirements of Epics, Features and User Stories.
- Produce high quality test output e.g. Bugs, Reports.
- Proactively seek development opportunities within the test team and externally e.g. ISTQB, Java Courses. Support other team members with development opportunities.
- Engage and provide constructive feedback in Agile ceremonies to improve change and Quality Assurance practices. Ensure other team members are engaging and providing feedback.
- Carry out peer reviews for other team members and support the Test & QA Lead to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Provide appropriate MI & Reporting to ensure quality levels are being maintained and that wider stakeholders are updated with test results to ensure sprint progress contains test context.
- Ensure Quality Assurance techniques are applied early on in the development lifecycle e.g. requirement/feature testing. Ensure other team members are utilizing appropriate test techniques throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Significant experience of testing, estimation and a good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Great technical aptitude and desire to provide coaching and mentoring to other team members
- ISTQB foundation
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
Apply today to become part of Hodge’s mission to make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.