Operational Resilience Manager
Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
We are looking for a Senior Operational Resilience and Business Continuity Manager to develop and drive the delivery of a group wide operational resilience and business continuity framework, adhering to regulatory requirements whilst taking responsibility for tracking progress and managing key stakeholder relationships through to delivery. The successful candidate will own the end to end cycle of Operational resilience inclusive of BCP, live events, testing and planning.
- Develop and own the Operational Resilience framework and Business Continuity Framework, including the ongoing assessment and testing activities to demonstrate and report on the ability to operate consistently within agreed impact tolerances.
- Work closely with the business to identify it’s important business services (IBS) and ensure that the IBS’s, associated mapping and processes remain current and impact tolerances are regularly reviewed.
- Define, implement, and take responsibility for effective monitoring and reporting of IBSs, associated risks and operational effectiveness.
- Ensure operational resilience risks are identified and reported and working with wider business stakeholders develop the necessary plans to address these risks (across Business Continuity, IT continuity, Cyber Security, Supply Chain and Change Management perspectives)
- Maintain the catalogue of important business services and the business components necessary to deliver them, driven by customer, regulatory and business ongoing viability considerations
- Develop, create and implement the operational resilience roadmap – which ensures that the residual risk is reduced to or maintained at an acceptable level. Manage delivery of roadmap against agreed milestones and target dates and ensure the roadmap is updated to reflect regulation, audit/assurance reports or key findings.
- Develop an annual testing schedule, considering a range of scenarios to test arrangements and recovery capabilities. Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure the schedule is delivered.
- Develop regular resilience reporting for the Operational Resilience Committee and Operational Risk Committee.
- Chair the Operational Resilience Committee Group, attended by senior stakeholders, with a primary focus on managing, monitoring, remediation, and continual improvement.
- Lead the co-ordination of Hodge’s response to a disruptive event or incident.
- Act as a subject matter expert across the group to share best practise, provide support and guidance and where appropriate support colleagues
- You will be a role model to your colleagues who can clearly be seen to live and breathe our Hodge values in your day to day interactions with them (Genuine Empathy, Trusted Expertise, Bold Flexibility).
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and legislative and regulatory requirements, including, but not exhaustively, those related to Data Protection, Money Laundering, Health & Safety, FSA, Employment and other legislative requirements (as applicable).
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as and when requested.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Compliance & Risk regulatory and legislative information related to Group products and services (e.g. PRA/FCA rules, Data Protection, Money Laundering, etc.), as advised by line management.
- Support the risk culture of the organisation by taking personal responsibility for identifying and managing risks in everything you do.
- Experience managing an Operational Resilience/Risk/BCM function, ideally in a Financial Services organisation
- Operations/IT experience
- Good knowledge of Operational resilience frameworks
- Experience within a financial services business
- Good knowledge of relevant laws, industry regulations including SYSC, PRA, FCA and Bank of England regulations relating to Operational Resilience and Business Continuity.
- Certified/Accredited to the following industry organisations: Institute of Risk Management (IRM), Business Continuity Institute (BCI), Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII)
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.