Do you want to be part of a force for good, helping to make life better for customers & society in the moments that matter? At Hodge, we put people at the heart of our business and that means our customers, colleagues and communities. Hodge is a Welsh financial service provider that focus on commercial lending, and specialist residential mortgage markets.
The Senior Due Diligence Specialist will assist in providing a centralised due diligence process undertaking the technical aspects of the Commercial Lending new business process from Customer acceptance of terms to first drawdown. The role is to ensure compliance with the Bank’s regulatory and statutory obligations together with internal policies and procedures, ensuring that all technical aspects of an agreed lending facility are in line with the terms of sanction.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare commercial lending facility letters, liaising with Bank panel and client Solicitors where appropriate.
- Instruct Solicitors to provide relevant undertakings and undertake reports on title, complete and arrange the execution of the Banks required security documentation.
- Instruct Valuers and where appropriate monitoring Quantity Surveyors to undertake required valuations and development reports.
- Agree and accept the Terms of Engagement with the Professionals engaged to assist with the completion of the Banks Security.
- Review all the solicitors and third-party reports and correspondence to ensure they are acceptable from a risk perspective and appropriately fulfil the sanctioned conditions. Liaise where necessary with the Commercial Lending relationship team and Head of Credit.
- Review all the technical reports documentation to confirm to the relevant credit, business development and relationship team that the due diligence is completed to a satisfactory standard.
- Prepare and submit relevant documentation to the relevant credit, business development and relationship team to assist with completion.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Compliance & Risk regulatory and legislative information related to Group products and services (e.g. PRA/FCA rules, Data Protection, Money Laundering, etc.), as advised by line management.
- Keep up to date with any legislative changes which may affect Commercial Lending secured assets.
- Develop and maintain good knowledge of all company policies and procedures and legislative/regulatory requirements. Including but not exhaustively; Conduct Rules, Data Protection, Money Laundering, etc.
- Report to the Due Diligence Manager and make any recommendations for improvements if any areas of weakness are identified.
What we need from you:
- Previous experience in the perfection of security for a bank or financial Institution.
- Experience in a customer services environment
- Expert knowledge of commercial lending security requirements
- Understanding of conveyancing law
In return we offer:
- Salary: Up to £48,000
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
Apply today to become part of Hodge’s mission to make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.