Do you want to be part of a force for good, helping to make life better for customers & society in the moments that matter? At Hodge, we put people at the heart of our business and that means our customers, colleagues and communities. Hodge is a Welsh financial service provider that focus on commercial lending, and specialist residential mortgage markets.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities.
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will lead the Cyber Security team to ensure that all internal and external applications, infrastructure, and data are managed in line with cyber and information security best practice and that the estate is pro-actively upgraded and maintained.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage implementation and ongoing operation of appropriate cyber security toolset covering user, infrastructure and application activity
- Manage implementation and operation of vulnerability management processes across applications and infrastructure
- Work with outsourced security providers to ensure work being undertaken is of required standard and appropriate reporting is available.
- Develop, maintain and manage the Security Controls Catalogue to ensure consistent reporting of risks and controls, and alignment to best practise.
- Develop, maintain and manage the Security Roadmap to provide visibility and control of ongoing security enhancements.
- Lead the security awareness programme for Hodge colleagues ensuring that ongoing learning materials are developed and enhanced as required. Undertake regular testing exercises with colleagues to measure assimilation and awareness.
- Work with Service Delivery and Technology Project colleagues on implementation and planning of cyber related tools and projects.
What we need from you:
- Relevant IT or computer science degree or equivalent
- Experience of working to recognized cyber security and risk frameworks
- Demonstrable significant experience in Cyber or Information Security Role
- Experience of implementing relevant of tools to implement Cyber controls.
- Knowledge in IT security best practice, solutions and frameworks.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of vulnerability remediation
- Knowledge and experience of developing for AWS or similar cloud platforms
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent.
Relevant Cloud technology certification
- Previous experience in financial services sector
- Knowledge of risk management frameworks and controls
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre or remote operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.