Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
We have an opportunity in our Projects division for an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join the business to help drive delivery of the Group Change Programme and Customer and Operations Improvements by enhancing existing business processes and systems
Key responsibilities will include:
- Document existing business processes using BPMN & UML and work with business units to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Support the launch of new products and services by documenting change in new & existing business process & procedures and assisting in the implementation of the required changes.
- Create and manage appropriate requirements documentation describing system changes required to support business change and liaise with developers to ensure changes are delivered as required.
- Support testing to ensure system changes deliver expected results. Review test cases and results to ensure testing has been documented effectively, adequate evidence has been maintained and issued raised are valid.
- Provide support to business units for project deliveries to enhance their understanding of their products, processes and systems.
- Liaise with developers and technical architects/consultants to ensure appropriate solutions are designed to meet business requirements and to ensure issues raised during throughout the project are resolved.
- Assist business units in implementing change through supporting business readiness activities.
- Create and maintain complete and accurate records of work undertaken and stakeholder sign-offs. Additionally ensure work is updated and recorded in analysis / project plans.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of project / analysis plans and status reports, as directed by the Business Analysis Team Leader.
What we need from you:
- Demonstrable change delivery experience or previous experience in a project delivery / business analyst role
- Organised and methodical
- Agile e.g. SCRUM/SAFe/KANBAN
- Delivered strategic change
- Working effectively with Senior stakeholders
- Problem solving & conflict resolution
- Appreciation of technical concepts (databases, APIs)
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence
- BPMN 2.0
- Experience in a financial services environment
- Salary up to £50,000
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose