Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge. We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas owns over 75% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
Our Risk Team is part of the Group’s second line of defence. Its key objective is monitoring and facilitating the implementation of effective risk management practices within the business, providing risk oversight and independent challenge.
Reporting into the Operational Risk Manager your primary role will be supporting the Risk Team in promoting, embedding and maintaining the Group’s Operational Risk management framework. Provide independent guidance and challenge on all aspects of Operational Risk and Governance.
- Undertake risk-based monitoring reviews across a range of areas.
- Assist in supporting process owners to develop controls and a instil a strong risk management culture; challenging and escalating where appropriate.
- Develop relationships with process owners and raise the profile of effectively operated controls, promoting best practices and continuous improvement.
- Assist in the assessment of operational risk, through assessing the effectiveness of control design and operation, ensuring that any control gaps identified are reported and escalated as required.
- Assist in the review & challenge of departmental process level risk assessments.
- Support the Risk Team in maintenance of the risk register.
- Maintain awareness of key business activities, escalating areas where further oversight/activity of controls may be required.
- Support the team in maintenance of the Incident Management process.
- Support the preparation of risk reports and MI gathering process.
- Knowledge of operational risk methodologies, principles and internal controls, preferably within financial services.
- Ability to carry out risk reviews and produce high quality reports as outputs.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- Ability to challenge business stakeholders objectively and effectively.
- Effective communication skills together with good or developing negotiation skills.
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations.
This is an interesting and diverse role and will suit a motivated and ambitious individual who is a self-starter, as an opportunity for personal development and career progression.
We would love to hear from you! Please click “Apply Now” and follow the process.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a follow up interview at a date to be confirmed.