Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge. We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas owns over 75% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
Job title: Quality Assurance Officer X 2
Salary: Competitive + benefits
The Retail Compliance team is a first line function, providing day to day compliance support and advice to the Retail business. The team is expanding to include a Quality Assurance Function which will be responsible for testing and reporting on the Retail business’s adherence to regulatory requirements.
Reporting into the Quality Assurance Manager your primary role will be responsible for carrying out QA testing on the Retail departments day to day activities, to ensure compliance with procedures and policies, regulatory requirements and support the delivery of good customer outcomes.
- Ensure the required number of checks are completed, and provide constructive feedback to the relevant individuals and team.
- To assist in the collation and reporting of QA information.
- Ensure that records of all QA checks are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Identify training needs, control gaps or control failings and feedback to the relevant business area.
- Attend relevant forums and committees as required to provide updates on QA work and findings.
- Identify any compliance, conduct and operational risks, escalating appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as and when requested by management.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements related to the businesses products and services (for example FCA rules including but not limited to MCOB, BCOBs, DISP and PRIN, data protection, money laundering etc).
- Develop and maintain good knowledge and understanding of all relevant Group wide and departmental policies and procedures relevant to the role, being compliant with these policies and procedures at all times.
- Support the compliance culture of the organisation by taking personal responsibility for identifying and managing risks in everything you do
- Previous experience in financial services in a quality assurance/compliance monitoring role in a banking environment.
- Positive, constructive approach to Quality Assurance testing with emphasis on delivering good customer outcomes.
- Ability to carry out quality assurance reviews to a high standard and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- Effective communication skills .
This is an interesting and diverse role and will suit a motivated and ambitious individual who is keen to work with the business to deliver the best outcomes for our customers and ensure we place them at the heart of what we do.