Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge. We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas owns over 75% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
Job title: Quality Assurance Manager
Salary: Competitive + benefits
The Retail Compliance team is a first line function, providing day to day compliance support and advice to the Retail business. The team is expanding to include a Quality Assurance Function which will be responsible for testing and reporting on the Retail business’s adherence to regulatory requirements. We are looking for someone to lead that team and develop the first line quality assurance Framework. This role will suit a self-starter looking for a new challenge.
Reporting into the Head of Retail compliance, the Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for implementing and overseeing the quality assurance testing on the Retail departments day to day activities, to ensure compliance with procedures and policies, regulatory requirements and the delivery of good customer outcomes. There will be managerial responsibility of a small team of Quality Assurance Officers.
- Lead the team of Quality Assurance (QA) Officers, ensuring the required number of checks are completed, reviewing work carried out by the QA officers and identifying training and development opportunities needs.
- Develop a robust Quality Assurance Plan to ensure that all relevant regulatory requirements and business controls are assessed and adherence is appropriately monitored.
- Track, monitor and report on actions agreed from QA work, to ensure timely and effective completion by owners.
- Ensure that records of all QA checks are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Act as the escalation point for any QA checks that are challenged or appealed
- Provide key stakeholders with regular reporting on QA activities undertaken, including key findings and recommendations as well as an overall assessment of the adherence to the regulatory control environment.
- Producing monthly QA MI for relevant forums and committees.
- Identify any compliance, conduct and operational risks, escalating appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements related to the businesses products and services (for example FCA rules, data protection, money laundering etc).
- Develop and maintain good knowledge and understanding of all relevant Groupwide and departmental policies and procedures relevant to the role, being compliant with these policies and procedures at all times.
- Previous experience in financial services in a quality assurance/compliance monitoring role in a banking environment.
- Experience in designing and delivering quality assurance/compliance monitoring plans.
- Positive, constructive approach to Quality Assurance testing with emphasis on delivering good customer outcomes.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- Ability to challenge business stakeholders objectively and effectively.
- Effective communication skills.
This is an interesting and diverse role and will suit a motivated and ambitious individual who is keen to work with the business to deliver the best outcomes for our customers and ensure we place them at the heart of what we do.