Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
The Financial Risk Officer will support the Head of Financial Risk with in-depth specialist knowledge of regulatory reporting and model risk.
Key responsibilities will include:
Support in the design, delivery and continual improvement of effective oversight and assurance of the modelling, monitoring and reporting of prudential risks as well as supporting the development of policies, procedures and risk appetites in the first line on these focus areas.
- Support the Head of Financial risk on delivery of the financial risk oversight framework linking risk appetite, risk assessments, policies and procedures and ensuring they are integral to decision making.
- Provide input and support delivery and continual improvement of the financial risk assurance plan based on a risk-based assessment of key areas of focus which for this role will be regulatory reporting and model risk management.
- Support and challenge the business in the development of risk management policies to address the firm’s regulatory reporting and model risk areas, including the acceptance, management and monitoring of those risks and the methods and processes for assessing them.
- Support in design and execution of robust risk oversight and challenge to the functions responsible for managing financial risks, making recommendations for improvements in the control environment where necessary.
- Support in development and embedding of appropriate reporting to enable monitoring of compliance with prudential risk management policies and the firm’s risk appetite.
- Support Head of Financial Risk in provision and presentation of insightful reports on status of prudential risk across the business.
- Develop to provide deputy cover for the Head of Financial Risk for second line representation at committees on prudential risk matters.
- Conduct thematic reviews and lessons learned reviews into selected areas of prudential risk, focus on regulatory reporting and model risk and escalate any recommendations or findings as appropriate.
What we need from you:
- Relevant financial services experience in a prudential risk or regulatory reporting role
- Strong mathematical / analytical skills
- Developed organisational, interpersonal and communication skills – diplomatic, impartial, discreet
- Ability to work under pressure
- Decisive, ability to enforce regulations
- Flexibility, motivational, persistent
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre or remote operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options