Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
Your role is to support our mortgage colleagues to deliver low effort experiences in all their interactions with our customers. Your focus will be to deliver a high quality and productivity in the administration tasks you complete for our customers. Where our processes create effort for our customers, you will also be expected to be a key contributor in sharing ideas and solutions on how our processes by design should create low effort.
- Manage our customers, brokers and solicitors from DIP to completions and commission payment of their mortgage. Being proactive and creating a low customer effort experience.
- Manage the payments to brokers in a timely manner.
- Being proactive at all times, drive mortgage cases through to completion.
- Working with colleagues and leaders to deliver on objectives set by yourself and your team leader.
- When you are working on our customers’ accounts you are required to constantly focus on the customer and bring our brand promise to life ensuring that we are ‘always working with the customer, striving to become trusted experts, displaying genuine empathy, and Bold Flexibility.
- Ensure you are adhering to our Training and Competency, QA and outcoming testing. Where you need some support, you proactively flag this to your Team Leader and work with them to improve your skills and knowledge.
- In your written communications to customers you should write in a positive tone of voice, turning difficult communications into positive experiences for our customers. Where you don’t know the answer, you show your curious side and work with your colleagues and your Team Leader to find out the answer.
- You take on and act on feedback and coaching from your Team Leader in a positive way. You also use our quality framework as a guide when having written conversations with our customers.
- You know our customers and the systems and processes that support them better than anyone in the business, so you will shout and share where we can do things better for our customers. Whether that be a process that creates effort, a gap in our systems, or a product that may make our customers lives better, we want you to shout about this and escalate to your Team Leader.
What we need?
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Attention to detail with excellent literacy and good numerical skills.
- Strong experience of creating low effort customer service experiences.
In return we offer:
- £20,330 raising to £20,865 after probation.
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.