Hodge are a financial services business focused on the commercial lending, savings and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
The Mortgage Origination Team Leader will lead, develop and motivate our underwriters and mortgage processing team. Through leadership, the team will deliver low effort experiences from DIP to completion of the customer’s mortgage.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating a highly engaged and motivated team with a strong emphasis on listening.
- Dedicate your time to achieving our 70/20/10 model
- 70% of your time is dedicated to coaching, performance managing and observing your team interacting with our customers and carrying out their role. We would expect you to look for opportunities to coach when the needed arises, for example after observations of meeting, interaction with other teams and so forth.
- 20% of your time continuously improving the mortgage origination journey and general processes and systems that we have in place. Where they drive effort, you will work with other team leaders, the Head of Mortgage Origination and other managers to analyse and escalate issues that create effort for our customers.
- 10% of your time working on your own personal development and taking on additional responsibilities that enabled you to develop new skills.
- Play an active role in the shaping and achievement of the Mortgage Origination strategy. You will also be responsible for challenging and proposing solutions to any gaps in the strategy that create high effort experiences for our customers.
What we need from you:
- Strong experience of creating high colleague engagement and leading people through significant change programmes.
- Experience within leading and coaching a team with a mortgage product
- Strong coach and people developer
- Experience of using performance management tools to drive a high-performance culture
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Attention to detail with excellent literacy and good numerical skills.
- Able to follow procedures and work within regulated environment.
- Excellent Office 365 skills and a good understanding of computerised administration and workflow systems.
In return we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.