Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
Reporting to the Head of Credit the KYC Manager will provide a centralised onboarding service to ensure compliance with the Bank’s regulatory and statutory obligations.
- Accountability and oversight of Onboarding KYC processing for Development, PBTL and Residential loans.
- Assessing the adequacy of policies, processes and controls, preparing reports for senior management.
- Developing and maintain a good understanding of anti-money laundering and financial crime legislation, and a comprehensive understanding of client due diligence requirements.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to the Commercial Lending Team in respect of anti-money laundering and financial crime and complex issues and queries for Onboarding KYC.
- Provide support and cover for Ongoing KYC, as required.
- Maintaining a working understanding of the Bank’s anti-money laundering and financial crime policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a good knowledge of potential red flags regarding the client and work types across the Bank and the jurisdictions within which the firm’s clients are.
- Lead efforts to assess, evaluate and make recommendations to management regarding process and policies relating to KYC procedures.
- Raise awareness, and develop a robust ongoing training program on Anti-Money Laundering processes
- Carry out appropriate testing, sampling and auditing of processes for operational resilience.
- Report to senior management and make recommendations for improvements.
- Keep abreast of regulatory, legislative and industry developments and ensure policy, training and advice remains current.
- ICA Diploma in AML, Financial Crime, or equivalent
- Up-to-date knowledge of Compliance & Risk regulatory and legislative information related to Group products and services (PRA/FCA rules/ Data protection, Money Laundering, Conduct Rules).
- Experience in a Financial Crime role for a bank or Financial Institution.
- Experience of training staff.
- Experience of auditing/sampling of processes and controls.
- Experience of working in 1st line of defence.
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.