Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
This role will lead and manage the People Services Operational team providing operational oversight of all aspects of HR service delivery to support the achievement of business priorities, covering all aspects of transactional HR across the employee lifecycle. Ensuring a robust risk and controls environment including compliance with GDPR and payroll regulations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop, lead and motivate the operational team, evolving the service to enable people services to deliver an excellent service to the business
- Day to day management of the operational HR team and processes (administration/payroll/benefits) including driving high performance of the team
- Anticipate the changing needs of the business by adopting a forward-thinking approach, taking an active lead in identifying process improvements, driving efficiencies in both current and future working practices across the full employee life cycle and support in their effective implementation
- Support in the design and implementation of a new HR Information system, prioritising innovation, automation and excellent customer service in newly designed processes
- Maximise the functionality and reporting capabilities of the HR Information system
- Embed and maintain a strong governance environment within the team and risk and controls framework including GDPR and SM&CR
- Support in the creation of Board reports, analysing data and improving reporting capability, providing regular insight and trend analysis to the business and the function,
- Review and embed the People Services policy framework, ensuring it is kept up to date with legislative changes and used consistently across the business
- Provide technical advice and guidance in respect of reward and recognition to business leaders and managers drawing upon professional expertise to ensure effective, pragmatic and commercial solutions that are aligned to the strategy
- Provide support to the Senior People Services Business Partner on reward benchmarking exercises covering a broad spectrum of pay and benefits elements
- Support the research and development of new employee benefits and the on-going effective oversight of existing employee benefits schemes
- Work with the L&D Manager and the Comms & Engagement Manager to design, support and embed initiatives, people processes and practices across the Company
- Develop and maintain good knowledge of regulatory and legislative requirements in relation to all aspects of HR and other financial services provider requirements e.g. data protection, money laundering etc
What we need from you:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and ideally CIPD qualified
- Experience of developing and embedding HR processes, policies and practices
- Team management
- Experience of administering Payroll and Benefits
- Proven ability to shape, design, “operationalise” and embed processes
- Excellent planning, organisation and project management skills
- Track record of delivering service improvements
- Generalist HR background
- Good legal and employee relations knowledge and experience
- Good written and presentation skills
- Strategic thinking combined with strong operational delivery
- Relationship builder with strong influencing skills
- Good IT skills
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre or remote operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.