Do you want to be part of a force for good, helping to make life better for customers & society in the moments that matter? At Hodge, we put people at the heart of our business and that means our customers, colleagues and communities. Hodge is a Welsh financial service provider that focus on commercial lending, and specialist residential mortgage markets.
The Head of Customer Compliance will be responsible for the first line compliance and risk teams within our Retail Division. This will be a key role in supporting the Retail growth aspirations by overseeing the first line compliance team, operational risk, quality assurance and financial crime teams. It will support the Retail Division with regulatory change, identifying risks and controls, compliance monitoring required within the first line of defence. Including delivery, design and implementation of the Quality Assurance Policy and development of the first line compliance framework.
Please note that this role is identified as falling under a category of staff whose professional activities are deemed to have a material impact on Hodge’s risk profile and as such is a certified role under financial services regulations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Through strong leadership, you will be the champion for our conduct, compliance and risk management within Retail and across the business, holding leaders to account where the customer isn’t centric to their decision making and celebrating when we achieve milestones that enhance our customer culture.
- Be a role model our brand promise of ‘always working with you’ and our brand principles of Trusted Expertise, Genuine Empathy, and Bold Flexibility and ensure that they are present when reviewing our conduct, compliance and risk.
- Analyse current processes and documentation to highlight areas of improvement and ensure the department remains compliant as it grows.
- Oversee work undertaken by the teams within the function, ensuring that the team supports and challenges the business in compliance and risk matters and encourages a robust compliance culture.
- Responsible for supporting the business units with implementing regulatory change as well as industry best practice. Building strong and collaborative working relationships with business partners and stakeholders, including Management Team members and 2nd Line Compliance Team.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge and understanding of all the regulatory requirements interpreting and disseminating details of changes in the law and regulations, formulating guidance and ensuring this is communicated to all relevant personnel.
- Lead a robust Quality Assurance Plan (QA) to ensure that all relevant regulatory requirements are assessed and adherence is appropriately monitored within agreed risk tolerances. Providing key stakeholders with regular reporting on QA activities undertaken, including key findings and recommendations as well as an overall assessment of the adherence to the regulatory control environment. Track, monitor and report on actions agreed stemming from QA work, to ensure timely and effective completion by owners
- Ensure financial crime processes and controls are embedded in the first line.
- Ensure appropriate attention is afforded to compliance on existing and new products and any financial promotions across the business. Anticipate problems and find solutions.
What we need from you:
- Extensive experience within a senior compliance role within financial service.
- A strong background with mortgage or savings products.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements for the UK
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with regulators, senior management, and third-party stakeholders
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Attention to detail with excellent literacy and good numerical skills.
- Able to follow procedures and work within regulated environment.
- Excellent Office 365 skills and a good understanding of computerised administration and workflow systems.
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre or remote operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.