Hodge are a financial services business focused on the commercial lending, savings and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
We have a new opportunity in our rapidly expanding marketing team. Reporting to the Marketing manager, this is a in-house marketing role which will be focused on supporting the marketing team and wider business.. The right candidate will be an experienced designer with strong marketing and advertising design skills and brand development experience.
Are you the one for us?
- Demonstrate a strong creative flair with experience of working with marketing and communications teams
- Working with cross-functional teams
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Related Degree or qualifications
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing high-quality visuals and layouts across a variety of channels such as;
- ad campaigns
- product literature
- video content
- Producing whitepapers and other marketing assets
- Designing landing pages for our website
- Implement rigorous version control to ensure the business has a full back catalogue of all product literature to support future customer queries and satisfy regulatory requirements
- Logo design and visual identity
- Branding / rebranding projects
- Conceptual designs, drafting initial layouts
- Selecting relevant on brand imagery for all channels
- Be fully immersed in the brand and make sure all internal and external output meets the brand guidelines
- Contribute to best practice and incorporate latest developments and thinking to our communications
You will have:
- Excellent creative taste and approach to brand led design, with a portfolio showcasing a eye for layout, imagery, typography and colour composition
- HTML skills and experience in responsive design
- Someone with a keen eye for detail and outstanding organisational skills and timekeeping – managing multiple design projects at a time
- You’re a great teammate who can deal with tight deadlines and work under pressure
- A good solid understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience within Financial Services and knowledge of working across financial promotions – highly desirable
- Experience within marketing – highly desirable
In return we offer:
- Salary up to £26,500
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements. Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognise the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation. ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.