Finance Transformation Manager
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- Flexible working options
- Opportunities to get involved in our charity and community work
Live your life. Give back. Grow into the person and the expert you’re cut out to be.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
In order to continue to grow we have a clear focus on ensuring that we are operationally excellent. As Hodge continues to embark on its next chapter, the Bank has already seen a large amount of growth both in terms of financial performance but importantly its colleagues. Our strategic vision is underpinned by our people and our investment in our colleagues. Our culture is what makes us special and ultimately what delivers our purpose to make a positive difference for our customers and communities.
Our aim is to open financial possibilities where options seem limited. Helping a family get a mortgage, saving for that dream or investing in or developing property. All of our customers get much more than just products: we give them simple solutions and support when they need it most.
Hodge’s ambition is to become a truly customer-centric organisation. We’re looking for an experienced individual who understands that the key in delivering our ambition of truly superb customer service is through our people.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the focus of the role is to take responsibility for the delivery of change initiatives undertaken by both the business and the different areas of the Finance. The role will support the ongoing development of Hodge’s financial processes, systems and controls to ensure that they are scalable, cost effective and aligned to the needs of Hodge’s long-term strategy.
What will your day look like?
Your key responsibilities as Finance Transformation Manager will include:
- Provide representation from Finance in relation to Hodge’s cross functional projects and work-steams.
- Take ownership to understand and deliver the Finance requirements (process and reporting), and ensure they are documented and included in the project plan.
- Partner with project stakeholders to design new processes and overcome challenges as they arise.
- Liaise with the Project’s team to understand the Finance UAT resource requirements and timelines ensuring that the agreed timetable is acceptable to the Finance team.
- Manage the Finance UAT of change initiatives, ensuring that any issues are identified, documented, and communicated to senior management before the sign-off of the project.
- Responsible for documenting new processes through process flows and job cards and ensuring that the Finance BAU owner is trained prior to implementation.
- Provide project summary oversight to the Finance SLT.
- Support the Finance team to identify opportunities and solutions for process improvement, data quality and automation and system automation.
- Engage with other functions to understand the wider impact of process change and support implementation of solutions.
- Establish, maintain, and review operating policies and job cards (systems of internal control) to ensure that they are sufficiently robust to adequately safeguard the Group’s assets and where weaknesses are identified ensure remedial action is taken in a timely manner.
- Be accountable for identifying, evaluating, and managing significant risk within areas of responsibility and where appropriate report on risk identified elsewhere in the Group.
- Provide advice and support to managers and colleagues on best practice, identifying training needs and recommending or providing training/coaching for colleagues where appropriate.
- Communicate departmental goals and objectives to employees and be receptive to ideas and suggestions from employees to achieve strategic aims.
- Lead, manage and motivate employees (in accordance with HR policies and procedures) to maximise individual and team performance in the achievement of stated objectives.
Are you the one for us?
- Qualified Accountant – ACCA or equivalent
- Experience in system implementation
- Comprehensive experience of delivering change throughout an organisation
- Demonstrable experience in financial
- Meticulous, analytical and detail focused
- Excellent organisational, time management and project management skills
- Proactive and self motivated
If this sounds like you, we’d love you to get in touch. Submit your CV, along with a few paragraphs explaining why you think you’re right for the role.