Do you want to be part of a force for good, helping to make life better for customers & society in the moments that matter? At Hodge, we put people at the heart of our business and that means our customers, colleagues and communities. Hodge is a Welsh financial service provider that focus on commercial lending, and specialist residential mortgage markets. The company is unique in that it is 79% owned by the Hodge Foundation, a charity established in 1962 that awards grants to registered charities and is funded by the profits from Hodge.
The Delivery Lead manager is responsible for ensuring each team member understands their role and performs it effectively with a consistent approach. The Delivery Lead Manager will support the team by identifying and managing dependencies and securing the support the team needs to perform effectively. With Agile coaching of the Delivery Leads within Group Projects, the Practice Lead will provide guidance, training and support as required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support and work with the Product Owner to define, refine, prioritise and maintain the backlog, using objective measures of value to determine priorities.
- Lead team planning to estimate the backlog and schedule work into a sprint plan, with a focus on feature releases that deliver business benefit.
- Identify and track enablers that are outside of the control of the programme (e.g. release of an application outside of the programme’s control).
- Work with the Product Owner, Business owner and Business analyst to support a shared understanding across the team and key stakeholders of the product backlog, programme roadmap and release plan.
- Ensure stories are elaborated in enough detail to inform sprint planning.
- Undertake sprint planning to refine and estimate stories.
- Plan the work for each sprint, balancing team workload and capacity.
- While the Delivery Lead Manager is not responsible for the production of work by the team, they are responsible for ensuring all team members produce work of the right quality.
- Work with the Product Owner who will articulate clear business requirements, using objective measures of value as agreed with the Business owner.
- Ensure Business Analysts works with the business owners and agreed with product owners to produce detailed requirements for developers.
- Maintain a release roadmap, aligned to the programme plan. As work progresses refine the release roadmap to determine a release date.
- Prepare a release plan for each release, liaising with business and team colleagues to ensure all activities required are identified.
- Manage the release plan to ensure all activities are undertaken, communicating with all stakeholders throughout the release process.
- Liaise with the business to ensure suitable user acceptance testing is undertaken, providing advice and guidance on the testing required.
- Liaise with colleagues in DevOps and IT Operations to determine release requirements, ensuring service transition plans are in place, and provide the required support and documentation required.
- Represent the team at CAB to confirm the Go Live decision and timing.
What we need from you:
- Scrum Master Qualification
- Worked in an Agile change environment
- Good communication skills, particularly in facilitation and conflict resolution
- Familiarity with software development practices and technologies.
- Delivery Planning background
In return we offer:
- Salary: Up to £70,000
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
Apply today to become part of Hodge’s mission to make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.