Do you want to be part of a force for good, helping to make life better for customers & society in the moments that matter? At Hodge, we put people at the heart of our business and that means our customers, colleagues and communities. Hodge is a Welsh financial service provider that focus on commercial lending, and specialist residential mortgage markets. The company is unique in that it is 79% owned by the Hodge Foundation, a charity established in 1962 that awards grants to registered charities and is funded by the profits from Hodge.
The Customer Service Representative role is to be the voice of the Hodge brand in all interactions with our customers. Your focus will be to deliver low effort experiences by treating customers as individuals and communicating in a positive, can-do tone of voice. You will also be expected to be a key contributor in sharing ideas and solutions on how our processes by design should create low effort.
Key responsibilities will include:
- You will be required to live and breathe our Hodge values in your day-to-day interactions with our customers (Bold Flexibility, Genuine Empathy, Trusted Expertise).
- You can communicate in a positive tone of voice, turning difficult conversations into positive experiences for our customers. Where you don’t know the answer, you show your curious side and work with your colleagues, your Continuous Improvement Coach and your Team Leader to find out the answer.
- When customers complain, you make every effort to fix their concern and leave them with a positive view of our brand. When customers insist on escalating their complaint, your handover to your Continuous improvement Coach ensures that they can deliver an effortless experience
- You take on and act on feedback and coaching from your Continuous Improvement Coach and your Team Leader in a positive way. You also use our quality framework as a guide when having conversations with our customers.
- As well as handling our customers enquiry ‘in the moment’ you are also looking ahead to what will happen next in our customers journey, so they are clear what they can expect from being a customer of Hodge, leaving the call thinking ‘that was easy’.
- You know our customers better than anyone in the business, so you will shout and share where we can do things better for our customers. Whether that be a process that creates effort, a gap in our systems, or a product that may make our customers lives better, we want you to shout about this and escalate to your Team Leader and Continuous Improvement Coach.
What we need from you:
- Strong experience of creating low effort customer service experiences.
- Experience of using our customer service systems and processes
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Attention to detail with excellent literacy and good numerical skills.
- Able to follow procedures and work within regulated environment.
- Excellent Office 365 skills and a good understanding of computerised administration and workflow systems.
In return we offer:
- Salary: £21,935 increasing to £22,470 post probation
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
Apply today to become part of Hodge’s mission to make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.