We want to appoint a Customer Care Team leader to lead a dedicated team whose focus is delivering a first-class customer experience. As we move towards centralising our servicing function, the successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough knowledge of mortgage administration and in particular arrears management and forbearance. This is a role which requires Certification under the Senior Manager and Certification Regime therefore, the successful candidate will need to take personal responsibility for identifying and managing risks across the Customer Care function.
Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge. We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas own 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have exciting plans to expand further.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Continually developing and improving a highly engaged and motivated team with a strong emphasis on listening.
- Leading your team effectively through change, considering how the individuals in your team will react to change.
- Ensuring that the team are equipped to help customers negotiate key critical events during the lifetime of their mortgage. This will include working closely with customers who are in arrears. You will apply tailored remedies to achieve fair outcomes for customers experiencing financial difficulty.
- You will be responsible for applying policies adopted within the Servicing function and more specifically within the Customer Care function, ensuring that the processes operate in accordance with those policies. You will create low effort experiences for our customers and high value experiences for both your customers and colleagues.
- Working with your team you will be available for our customers by developing a smart working approach. You will understand your team’s capacity requirements and develop clear resource plans that provide our customers with a high value/low effort experience while balancing the needs of your colleagues, so they achieve an optimum work / life balance.
- Using our quality assurance framework, you will ensure that your team perform competently within the framework, ensuring compliance within the training and competency framework.
- In your capacity as a T&C supervisor and assessor you will possess the technical knowledge, coaching and assessing skills as defined by the Servicing T&C scheme to ensure that the standards defined within the scheme are maintained.
- You will create team accountability through coaching and performance management, setting clear goals using SMART objectives. Through your observations you will embed the behaviours that underpin our objectives.
- Regularly review the policies applicable to the Customer Care function, refreshing your own and colleague knowledge by promoting an interactive learning culture.
- Regularly review and work with our Learning and Development Manager to ensure that your team have the skills and knowledge to handle customer enquiries in a way that drives low effort.
- Work with each of your team to create personal development plans to help them to grow in their role, to acquire new skills and knowledge, including professional development where appropriate. Help each individual understand how they can be the best they can be in their role.
- Recognise when colleagues go the extra mile through our internal recognition schemes.
- Ensure your team are empowered to drive continuous improvement and be the voice of our customers for Hodge. You will champion their ideas and escalate to the correct stakeholders, ensuring that they are aware of the impact on our customers. You will encourage your team to propose solutions to these problems.
- Work closely with the team leaders across the wider Servicing function to provide a seamless straight through experience for our customers.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and legislative and regulatory requirements, including, but not exhaustively, those related to GDPR, Money Laundering, Health & Safety, PRA/FCA regulations, employment and other legislative requirements (as applicable).
Salary: £Competitive + benefits
If interested, please apply via the ‘apply now’ button. Closing date is the 24/08/2021.