*Collections experience required*
Hodge are a financial services business focused on the commercial lending, savings and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
Hodge’s ambition is to become a truly customer-centric organisation. We’re looking for an experienced individual who understands that the key in delivering our ambition of truly superb customer service is through our people.
Working under the direction of the Customer Care Team Leader your role will be to deliver exceptional customer service to Hodge mortgage customers and negotiating key critical events during the lifetime of their mortgage term.
What does a typical day in the role look like?
You will work with customers and/or their representatives in a sensitive manner to agree and apply solutions to a range of financial challenges presented throughout the lifetime of a mortgage. We’ll protect the vulnerable by applying solutions which reflect regulation and our values and your role in that will be to support our Mid Term Mortgage Specialists by agreeing repayment solutions and working with our customers to achieve the best outcomes for both them and Hodge.
• Reporting to the Customer Care Team Leader, you will help customers and/or their advisers negotiate and apply solutions to key critical events during the lifetime of their mortgage.
• Working under the guidance of the Customer Care Team Leader you will apply remedies defined within our arrears, forbearance and litigation policies, ensuring that shortfalls and mortgage arrears are pursued in accordance with regulation, specifically MCOB and our Vulnerable Customers Policy. You will administer each account up to where arrears have been discharged and beyond upon direction to monitor the effectiveness of any forbearance arrangement applied. In doing so you will have regard for MCOB 13.5.3 & 13.5.4 and not apply undue pressure on the customer and/or IFA.
• Working under the guidance of the Customer Care Team Leader you will work sensitively with the personal representatives of deceased Hodge mortgage customers to ensure that the loans of the deceased are repaid in accordance with the period of grace defined within by the mortgage product term and escalating where the redemption terms have not been observed to the Customer Care Team Leader and Manager
• You will support our Mid Term Mortgage Specialist by applying agreed repayment solutions to Hodge mortgage accounts and communicating with customers and/or their IFA to confirm their implementation.
• You will support our Mid Term Mortgage Specialist implement solutions where customers want to release value in their homes through appropriate equity release schemes.
• You will ensure that at all times customers are treated fairly and responsibly, providing evidence to support the decision-making process at every stage of your interaction with the customer and their IFA.
• You will act as a point of escalation and support for the Operations function offering
bespoke solutions to day to day operational issues or where necessary escalating, in the
first instance, to your team leader.
Are you the one for us?
What we offer:
If you’re interested in this role, please click to apply and submit a copy of your CV along with a covering letter on why you are suited to the role.