Crisis and Incident Lead
Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
The role will lead on crisis management and major incident management across the business in line with Hodge’s Operational Resilience principles. In addition the role will play an integral role maintaining and implementing Hodge’s business continuity Framework. This will entail working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and managing suppliers.
We are looking for someone with experience of business continuity and crisis management and be familiar with common IT cloud technology stacks and terminology.
Key responsibilities will include:
- The role will lead on crisis management and major incident management across the business in line with Hodge’s Operational Resilience principles.
- Supports the implementation and ongoing maintenance of Hodge business continuity Framework to ensure impact is minimized in the event of any issues arising across the business.
- The role will own and manage the testing of Recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery point objectives (RPOs) as agreed with the business so that any interruption to normal activities is acceptable to the business, its clients, suppliers and the regulator.
- Continue to develop and maintain operational resilience and disaster and incident recovery testing plans internally & with clients externally, working closely with IT and the business to ensure technology risks are addressed.
- The role will develop/maintain playbooks with the cyber team for emerging threats and incident responses.
- Prepare updates and reports for Boards and Committees as well as leading ongoing review meetings and continuous service improvement sessions.
- Lead the support in delivering crisis drills and exercises for the bank including the interface with business leads and conducting post-exercise follow-up actions
What we need from you:
- Experience of managing business continuity, incident/crisis management, disaster recovery, ideally within a Financial Services business.
- IT experience of cloud environments.
- Strong team worker who builds and maintains effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, the role is client facing alongside extensive internal stakeholder engagement, to Board level
- Commitment to seek out new networks and development opportunities, ensuring knowledge of current practices is up to date.
- Calm under pressure. Can adapt rapidly to changing priorities, deal with multiple tasks and work effectively in fast paced situations or in periods of crisis management.
- Knowledge of crisis/incident management frameworks.
In return we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Life Assurance at 6X salary.
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.