Company Secretary Assistant
Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
The Company Secretary Assistant will be responsible for the efficient administration of the business, particularly with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of directors are implemented and the governance framework for Hodge is maintained at a high standard.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide a central point of communication for Board members.
- Prepare and distribute agendas for the Hodge Group Board meetings. Collating papers, preparing packs and upload to Diligent in timely manner.
- Manage the relationship with Diligent, maintain site administration and upload approved documents in a central location ensuring that they are subject to regular review.
- Review and update the responsibilities map for Board and Committee changes.
- Assist in preparing documentation for KYC requests as well as Audit requests.
- Assist the Company Secretary with preparation for Board reports and papers.
- Update Companies House with appointments/resignations of Board directors. As well as the Company website.
- Support newly appointed Board members with induction, ongoing training and regulatory appointment.
- Maintain statutory registers under direction of the Company Secretary.
- Maintenance of company secretarial policies and supporting documentation including NED gifts and hospitality and conflicts of interest.
- File annual confirmation statements and accounts to Companies House in a timely manner.
- Participate in the review of the Board Control Manual ensuring the terms of reference for Board and Committees are up to date as well as Committee memberships.
- In the absence of the Company Secretary attend JHB, TCT and Hodge Limited Board meetings, minuting the meetings and ensuring the final minutes are communicated to the relevant people in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of development in company law and administration and the requirements of the Company.
What we need from you:
- Previous financial services or banking environment desirable.
- Strong understanding of Business Law
- Extensive experience advising at board level
- Robust organisation and prioritisation skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated and works on own initiative.
- Analytical and methodical thinking
- Attention to detail with excellent literacy and good numerical skills.
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.