Do you want to be part of a force for good, helping to make life better for customers & society in the moments that matter? At Hodge, we put people at the heart of our business and that means our customers, colleagues and communities. Hodge is a Welsh financial service provider that focus on commercial lending, and specialist residential mortgage markets. The company is unique in that it is 79% owned by the Hodge Foundation, a charity established in 1962 that awards grants to registered charities and is funded by the profits from Hodge. This drives success among employees.
We have an opportunity in our Commercial division for a detail focussed individual who will undertake administrative tasks to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Commercial Lending administrative processes.
- Provide general administration support for day to day Commercial Lending processes and payments, assisting members of the team as required.
- Assist with loan drawdowns, jointly with a senior colleague; ensuring transactions are within authorised and agreed sanction terms.
- Prepare and review processing documents required to administer loan facilities.
- Assist Portfolio and Business Development teams with account opening and AML/KYC procedures for new and existing clients.
- Update and review loan and associated accounts ensuring they are in line with sanctioned terms.
- Undertake the production of financial and regulatory management information for all Commercial Lending Loans, present for approval including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for Commercial Lending Portfolio and the wider Commercial Lending team.
- Take incoming calls from current customers and third-party advisors, dealing with general queries.
- Assist in arranging Bank signatures to security documents and delivery to the appropriate lawyers
- Undertake the discharge of assets and securities, ensuring the process is in accordance with procedures.
- Assist in periodic testing of the Bank`s payment administration system
- Administer off-site storage of all security items in accordance with current procedures.
- Undertake the administration of archiving files and obsolete documents, liaising with 3rd party suppliers as appropriate.
- Handling inquiries related to securities and directing technical problems to the appropriate department.
- Processing customers’ banking instructions and facilitating the release or transfer of funds.
What we offer you:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Life Assurance X6 of salary
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
What we require:
- Experience in general administration
- Experience in a banking or financial services environment (Desirable)
Interview Process: The interview process typically consists of several steps, starting with an initial call, followed by an in-person interview at the office.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.