Commercial Lending Business Development Manager
Hodge are a financial services business focused on the commercial lending, savings and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
We have an opportunity in our rapidly expanding Commercial Lending Division. Reporting to the Head of Development, The right person will be supporting the Managing Director with the commercial lending strategy plan with focus on delivering development finance budget, subject to agreeing capacity and allocation to product.
Are you the one for us?
- Proven real estate development finance experience and delivery of results
- Minimum 7 years financial services experience with minimum 3 years in a lending environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and develop a portfolio of loans/clients including the acquisition of new clients, negotiating appropriately structured and priced facilities in line with Hodge risk appetite, capital optimisation and return requirements.
- Maintain and develop relationships with clients, brokers and their advisors, working closely to establish their strategic goals and identifying areas where Hodge can support their future needs in the context of our established risk appetite parameters.
- Ensure that client requirements and service levels are met by providing a timely, efficient, professional, enthusiastic and knowledgeable manner at all times, driving high levels of client satisfaction.
- Maintaining and developing trusted relationships with key external advisors and contacts, developing the Hodge brand to support and grow the business.
- Preparation and presentation to the relevant sanctioning authority of high quality credit papers in a timely manner and consistent with credit risk policy, business line parameters and sub-sector guidance metrics.
- Timely and professional execution of sanctioned deal structures, scoping and managing appropriate professional advisory work as part of risk appraisal and due diligence processes, along with evaluation and feedback to sanctioning authorities.
- Ensuring appropriate security items are taken, drawdown processes are followed correctly, conditions precedent are signed off and confirming that AML/KYC due diligence is satisfactory.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor appetite / activity ensuring Hodge offering remains ‘market’ for our chosen space and USP is not eroded by more competitive terms.
- Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers
- Experience of Real Estate Investment, Development and BTL
In return we offer:
- Salary up tp 75K
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.