Business Development Manager – Commercial
Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
The Business Development Manager will create, manage, and maintain relationships with intermediaries across the UK, to proactively promote all relevant Commercial Lending products and achieve agreed targets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver the required volume of new business opportunities to ensure the asset balances target within Commercial Lending strategic plan is achieved.
- Utilise own existing broker and introducer relationships to deliver focussed sales activity and grow defined broker market to increase adoption levels of Hodges products.
- Proactively engage Advisers through F2F meetings, group presentations, including remote webinars and video meeting, roadshows, promoting the company’s profile products and services to achieve agreed sales goals.
- Support advisers, establishing, maintaining, and developing relationships by providing a high-quality professional, supportive, and knowledgeable service at all times.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Commercial Lending products and the wider Development and Residential Investment Market so you can provide technical support to advisers and internal stakeholders relating to queries of a complex nature and grow business volumes by creating ease of use.
- Within parameters proactively review commercial and marketing arrangements and make recommendations to the Head Business Development for focussed sales activity and marketing campaigns.
- Recognise, recommend, and where appropriate implement improvements to sales development and procedures, to ensure sales targets are maintained and our products remain appealing to our target market.
What we need from you:
- CeMAP/CeRER qualified (or equivalent)
- Substantial experience in a similar role within financial services
- Good knowledge of mortgage market and the regulatory environment
- Previous experience with Intermediary Market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Organisation, planning and prioritising
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent IT skills using Microsoft Office
- Possess a full driving licence (valid in UK) and willing to travel away from the office regularly
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre or remote operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.