Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
We are looking for a Trainee Accountant to join our Finance Team. The successful candidate will be joining a truly progressive and highly supportive business, that offers plenty opportunities for career growth.
- Responsible for assisting the Management Accounting Manager to ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all reconciliations are prepared, reviewed and actioned within a reasonable timeframe for The Carlyle Trust Limited and its subsidiaries, including Julian Hodge Bank Limited. Ensure a record of all month end reconciliations are maintained and are ready for review by management.
- Support with the production of management accounts, with appropriate commentary, in accordance with company procedures. Support with the review of the management accounts and ensure there is accuracy in both the underlying data and commentary. Ensure sound understanding of underlying factors that are driving the results.
- Assist with Treasury back office processing ensuring both controls and segregation of duties are maintained.
- Assist with the production and review the financial information supplied to third parties under the Bank’s third-party servicing arrangements.
- Provide advice and support to colleagues on queries of a more complex or technical nature, identifying training needs and recommending or providing training / coaching for colleagues where appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of management reports.
- Assist in ensuring that all operational reconciliations are maintained and reviewed at least monthly with an explanation for all reconciling items
- Experience within a management accounting team
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Mathematics (grade A-C) at GCSE level or equivalent
- Graduate or Part Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills
- Hardworking attitude, whether operating independently or within a team.
- Excellent communication skills
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please send your application using the ‘Apply Now’ Button by 1st November 2022.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.