Do you want to be part of a force for good, helping to make life better for customers & society in the moments that matter? At Hodge, we put people at the heart of our business and that means our customers, colleagues and communities. Hodge is a Welsh financial service provider that focus on commercial lending, savings and specialist residential mortgage markets. The company is unique in that it is 79% owned by the Hodge Foundation, a charity established in 1962 that awards grants to registered charities and is funded by the profits from Hodge.
Your role is to be the technical expert in underwriting. To support colleges from all of Hodge with complex queries and referrals. Be a point of contact for external parties and help them understand the best options for their customers. Feeding back themes and trends to the coaches and team leaders and provide guidance on process improvement and development.
You will be a role model in underwriting and display the behaviours expected of a senior underwriter.
- Carry out the required reconciliation work for the underwriting team to ensure that all deadlines and SLA’s are met.
- In any communication to customers you should have a positive tone of voice, turning difficult communications into positive experiences for our customers. Where you don’t know the answer, you should show your curious side and work with your colleagues and your Team Leader to find out the answer.
- You are someone who looks beyond the task that you are completing and considers how this impacts our customers.
- To be a role model to your colleagues who can clearly be seen to live and breathe our Hodge values in your day to day interactions with them (Be Confident, Be Human, Be United, Be Curious, be Trusted).
- You will work with your colleagues to understand technical queries on complaints and feedback on how to avoid these errors in the future. Where needed, you should take on complex tasks and manage these through to resolution for the team.
- Build a good working relationship with the BDMs and help when required to deliver exclusive service or manage the broker expectations.
- Play an active role in supporting and providing the technical knowledge to the Underwriting Team Leader and Underwriting Manager in the shaping and achievement of the mortgage strategy.
- Be the voice of the broker and customer by understanding the entire process to ensure any improvements cover all aspects required.
- You are required to constantly learn and refresh your knowledge of our product range as part of our Training and Competency scheme. Where you need some support, you proactively flag this to your Team Leader and work with them and our product team to improve your skills and knowledge
- Recognise when colleagues go the extra mile through our internal recognition schemes.
Working with our business partners
- Work with the Mortgages leadership team to understand the technical reasons behind new products or processes. Work collaboratively with the Underwriting Coaches to deliver these insights with a clear focus on solutions, not problems.
- Strong coach and people developer
- Experience of using our customer service systems and processes
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Attention to detail with excellent literacy and good numerical skills.
- Able to follow procedures and work within regulated environment.
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
Apply today to become part of Hodge’s mission to make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.