Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
The Senior Care Consultant will act as deputy in the Customer Care Team Leader to assist with effectively leading the customer care team through change, this role will be suited to someone with financial services experience and working under TCF and MCOB regulations.
- Reporting to the Customer Care Team Leader, you will help customers and/or their advisers negotiate and apply solutions to key critical events during the lifetime of their mortgage.
- Working under the guidance of the Customer Care Team Leader you will apply remedies defined within our arrears, forbearance and litigation policies, ensuring that shortfalls and mortgage arrears are pursued in accordance with regulation, specifically MCOB and our Vulnerable Customers Policy. You will administer each account up to where arrears have been discharged and beyond upon direction to monitor the effectiveness of any forbearance arrangement applied. In doing so you will have regard for MCOB 13.5.3 & 13.5.4 and not apply undue pressure on the customer and/or IFA.
- You will act as deputy in the Customer Care Team Leader absence, this involves leading the team effectively through change, considering how the individuals in the team will react to this change. You need to show empathy where people may find the change difficult and strong ability to explain the ‘why’ we are changing, clearly linking the change to the Hodge strategic objectives.
- You are the champion for continuous improvement within the customer care team, highlighting processes that drive customer effort and working with the Operations leadership team to highlight and fix these. As well as identifying problems for our customers and colleagues, your focus should be on creating solutions and getting involved in the test and learn of these solutions to make sure they are the right fix for our teams.
- Working under the guidance of the Customer Care Team Leader you will work sensitively with the personal representatives of deceased Hodge mortgage customers to ensure that the loans of the deceased are repaid in accordance with the period of grace defined within by the mortgage product term and escalating where the redemption terms have not been observed to the Customer Care Team Leader and Manager
- You will support our Mid Term Mortgage Specialist by applying agreed repayment solutions to Hodge mortgage accounts and communicating with customers and/or their IFA to confirm their implementation.
- You will support our Mid Term Mortgage Specialist implement solutions where customers want to release value in their homes through appropriate equity release schemes.
- You will ensure that at all times customers are treated fairly and responsibly, providing evidence to support the decision-making process at every stage of your interaction with the customer and their IFA
- Play an active role in supporting the Customer Care Team Leader and Customer Care Manager in the shaping and achievement of the Operations contact and service strategy.
- You will act as a point of escalation and support for the Operations function offering bespoke solutions to day to day operational issues or where necessary escalating, in the first instance, to your team leader.
- Using our quality assurance framework, you will ensure that you perform competently within the framework, ensuring compliance within the training and competency framework.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and legislative and regulatory requirements, including, but not exhaustively, those related to Data Protection, Money Laundering, Health & Safety, FCA, Employment and other legislative requirements (as applicable).
- Financial services experience preferably lending into retirement with experience gained within servicing and arrears environment.
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please send your application using the ‘Apply Now’ Button by 21st September 2022.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.