Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge. We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas own 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
We have a brand new role in our newly formed Retail Division and are seeking an experienced analyst to support first line risk across the Mortgages department.
The role holder will be responsible for a full range of activities including monitoring of the mortgage portfolio from a credit risk and property perspective.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop a suite of MI to monitor all risks across the Hodge mortgage portfolio
- Providing oversight to the underwriting function and through data and QA
- To support delivering strategic analysis on the mortgage portfolio
- To collate, clean and summarise customer data and customer performance data from appropriate sources, ensuring accurate information is supplied to the business
- To deliver regular insight into portfolio health, to help highlighting potential risks and threats, and proposing appropriate mitigating actions.
- Produce trend information on a periodic basis that supports the decision-making process for Mortgages with regards to credit policy, and product development strategies.
- Work closely with the change teams to ensure that the correct data is being captured in the system to support any credit monitoring.
- Support the product team from a credit risk perspective when it comes to developing new products
- Support the risk culture of the organisation by taking personal responsibility for identifying and managing risks in everything you do.
Candidates must have:
- Excellent analytical skills
- 3 years+ experience of using software tools such as SAS, Python, R, SQL (list not exclusive) to extract and manipulate large and complex data from a data warehouse
- Proficient user of Microsoft office
- Strong academic background. Numerical based degree preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in Credit Risk, mortgage background preferred
Interested? Please click the “Apply Now” button above and follow the process. We look forward to hearing from you!