Savings Product Manager
Do you want to be part of a force for good, helping to make life better for customers & society in the moments that matter? At Hodge, we put people at the heart of our business and that means our customers, colleagues and communities. Hodge is a Welsh financial service provider that focus on commercial lending, and specialist residential mortgage markets. The company is unique in that it is 79% owned by the Hodge Foundation, a charity established in 1962 that awards grants to registered charities and is funded by the profits from Hodge.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
We are looking for a Savings Product Manager to be responsible for the day-to-day management of Savings products, including the pricing strategy for new and existing customers and will refine and implement the strategic product roadmap for the savings proposition.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Understand and monitor the competitive structure of the UK savings market to ensure Hodge is well positioned within it to meet its funding requirements.
- Bring detailed Savings knowledge to the Retail Senior leadership team to inform strategic and tactical decision making.
- Have a deep understanding of Savings customer needs, gathering insights from customer feedback and internal research teams.
- Monitor and own Savings competitor insight and market trends. Ensure developments are incorporated into the acquisition, retention and product strategy.
- Design and create savings products and propositions, ensuring compliance with the Product Governance Framework.
- Own the risk management of all Savings products in line with the Product Governance Framework which oversees the launch of new products as well as management of the full product lifecycle. This includes the creation and oversight of conduct MI for monthly reporting to the Product Committee.
- Ownership of all product communications including Savings Terms and Conditions and Summary Boxes
- Build strong relationships with colleagues across Hodge to identify customer needs and pain points across savings and adapt the product and proposition strategy to reflect these
- Deliver weekly and monthly forecasts to the Retail Leadership team and Pricing & Treasury Committee and report on performance
What we need from you:
- Extensive experience of savings product and pricing
- Deep knowledge of the savings market, in particular new entrants and smaller banks
- Sound knowledge and understanding of: BCOBS, FCA and PRA regulatory frameworks
- Commitment to high level customer service, understanding of the customer, the market and the business in order to make sound judgements.
- Results focused with sound financial acumen
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate a wide range of detailed information from a variety of different sources
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre or remote operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.