Do you want to be part of a force for good, helping to make life better for customers & society in the moments that matter? At Hodge, we put people at the heart of our business and that means our customers, colleagues and communities. Hodge is a Welsh financial service provider that focus on commercial lending, and specialist residential mortgage markets. The company is unique in that it is 79% owned by the Hodge Foundation, a charity established in 1962 that awards grants to registered charities and is funded by the profits from Hodge.
The PMO Manager will administer and monitor portfolio such that cost, quality, plan, time, and benefits realisation are controlled and achieved, through ensuring that all projects adhere to the timelines and the team is connected to meet the ultimate goal. The Portfolio will typically have anything from 15-20 active projects of strategic importance to Hodge and of varying sizes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To support the lifecycle of the portfolio, leading project-level reviews, optimising standards, identifying areas for improvement, reporting analyses, and training staff members
- To provide and enable project prioritisation, management information, financial reporting, resource planning, decision making, and recruitment.
What we need from you:
- Collaborating with other department leaders to define, prioritise, and develop projects.
- Overarching portfolio management, including identification of cross portfolio risks and dependencies and escalation to the appropriate decision-making body where required.
- Analysing financial data, including project budgets, risks, and resource allocation.
- Providing financial reports and budget outlines to Executives.
- Producing management information in support of key decision-making bodies to enable prioritisation and effective risk and issue management.
- Overseeing the development of the projects and ensuring that team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently while upholding the company’s standards.
- Drafting new and driving performance improvement across the key processes within the PMO; e.g. planning & estimating, demand management & prioritisation, resource management, financial management, risk management.
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with organisational practice.
- Continuously evaluating projects to ensure they are meeting company standards, adhering to budgets, and meeting deadlines to support consistent, high-quality project delivery.
What we need from you:
- Previous relevant project management or PMO management experience.
- Line management or team leadership experience
In return we offer:
- Salary: Up to £65,000
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
Apply today to become part of Hodge’s mission to make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.