People Services Business Partner
Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
We have an opportunity in our rapidly expanding HR Division. Reporting to the People Services Manager, you will become a strategic business partner, working proactively with your business areas to develop, collaborate and support in the delivery of the people strategy and change management projects, in support of the business objectives.
To lead on key HR projects as directed by the Chief People Officer, focused on the development, engagement and retention of our people as well as regulatory compliance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development and delivery of the people strategy by acting as an advocate for your business areas, coaching and supporting leaders in embedding the people objectives to enable the business to change at pace and align to commercial objectives.
- Develop and implement the associated people strategy, initiatives and processes for your business area, to build a healthy, high-performing organisation.
- Build and maintain strong and influential relationships with key stakeholders, including senior management, colleagues and colleague representative groups across the business, to deliver our strategic objectives.
- Challenge and influence key business stakeholders, ensuring the people strategy is at the heart of the business decision.
- Coach managers to grow as leaders, enabling them to resolve employee cases through performance management, grievances and disciplinary or conduct matters
- Encourage diversity of thought and promote an inclusive working environment
- Provide employee relations case management advice and guidance to managers across the whole range of employee relations policies for complex cases (recruitment, diversity, code of conduct, disciplinary, grievance, re-structuring, performance etc) referring to the employment solicitor as appropriate for employment advice and controlling costs in the process
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures and applied fairly and consistently by management, providing support and guidance where necessary.
- Provide support to the Chief People Officer on reward benchmarking exercises covering a broad spectrum of pay and benefits elements
- Support the research and development of new employee benefits and the on-going effective oversight of existing employee benefits schemes
- Coach, lead and develop the HR Advisors and administrators for the business area and supporting the wider People Team.
What we need from you:
- Proven experience as an HR generalist
- Good understanding of employee relations, HR policies and employment law
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems
- Ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail and with a methodical approach
- Strong personal organisation skills with ability to plan and prioritise own workload and demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent inter-personal and customer facing skills
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrable ability to operate within prescribed process frameworks as well as develop and embed processes
- Ability to work in confidential environment and act with integrity
- Level 5 CIPD or above qualified
In return we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.