Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
The Management Accounts Manager will Proactively manage, develop and motivate the Management Accounting team to maximise both individual and team performance and to ensure that objectives are achieved.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for managing the Management Accounting team ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all reconciliations are prepared, reviewed and actioned within a reasonable timeframe for The Carlyle Trust Limited and its subsidiaries, including Julian Hodge Bank Limited. Responsible for ensuring a record of all month end reconciliations are maintained and are ready for review by management.
- Provide financial support to the Jane Hodge Foundation.
- Manage the production of management accounts, with appropriate commentary, in accordance with company procedures. Review management accounts and ensure there is accuracy in both the underlying data and commentary. Ensure sound understanding of underlying factors that are driving the results.
- Assist in the preparation of management reports.
- Ensure all operational reconciliations are maintained and reviewed at least monthly with an explanation for all reconciling items.
- Oversee the Treasury back office processing function ensuring both controls and segregation of duties are maintained.
- Work closely with the actuarial services provider to provide timely and accurate financial information including the relevant checks and data reconciliations are undertaken.
- Assist with the production and submission of a number of the group’s regulatory returns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee the production and review the financial information supplied to third parties under the Bank’s third party servicing arrangements.
- Continuous improvement mindset to lead sustainable improvement opportunities for core financial processes, improving the quality and timeliness of information provided.
- Work closely with professional advisors to ensure tax payments and returns are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
What we need from you:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Qualified Accountant – ACA/ACCA/CIMA or an equivalent qualification
- Excellent Office 365 skills and a good understanding of computerised administration and workflow systems. Significant experience in a role at management level
- Sound accounting and financial acumen
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Good project management
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Process improvements (Quality / timeliness
- Ability to deliver against set deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Understanding and awareness of the economic environment
- Excellent IT skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong numeracy skills
In return we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.