Interim Management Accountant
- 12 month contract
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- Flexible working options
- Opportunities to get involved in our charity and community work
Live your life. Give back. Grow into the person and the expert you’re cut out to be.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
In order to continue to grow we have a clear focus on ensuring that we are operationally excellent. As Hodge continues to embark on its next chapter, the Bank has already seen a large amount of growth both in terms of financial performance but importantly its colleagues. Our strategic vision is underpinned by our people and our investment in our colleagues. Our culture is what makes us special and ultimately what delivers our purpose to make a positive difference for our customers and communities.
Our aim is to open financial possibilities where options seem limited. Helping a family get a mortgage, saving for that dream or investing in or developing property. All of our customers get much more than just products: we give them simple solutions and support when they need it most.
Hodge’s ambition is to become a truly customer-centric organisation. We’re looking for an experienced individual who understands that the key in delivering our ambition of truly superb customer service is through our people.
Reporting to the Management Accounting Manager, the focus of the role is to ensure the accurate and timely production of financial and management information to the Leadership Team, to support the achievement of the business plan and strategic objectives. Ensuring the finance systems are well managed and maintained in an accurate and timely manner at all times. Ensure year end statutory accounts and regulatory information is produced accurately, working to set deadlines.
What will your day look like?
Your key responsibilities as Interim Management Accountant will include:
- Ensure all reconciliations are prepared, reviewed and actioned within a reasonable timeframe for The Carlyle Trust Limited and its subsidiaries. Ensure a record of all month end reconciliations are maintained and are ready for review by management.
- Support with the production, review and accuracy of management accounts, with appropriate commentary, in accordance with company procedures. Ensure accuracy in the underlying data and commentary and have a sound understanding of underlying factors that are driving the results.
- Assist in the preparation of management reports.
- Assist in ensuring that all operational reconciliations are maintained and reviewed at least monthly with an explanation for all reconciling items.
- Assist the FP&A team to develop business plans and forecasts over a 1-year budge horizon and 5-year strategic plan horizon.
- Assist with Treasury back office processing ensuring both controls and segregation of duties are maintained.
- Work closely with the actuarial services provider to provide timely and accurate financial information including the relevant checks and data reconciliations are undertaken.
- Assist with the production and submission of a number of the group’s regulatory returns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with the production and review the financial information supplied to third parties under the Bank’s third-party servicing arrangements.
- Work closely with professional advisors to ensure tax payments and returns are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide advice and support to colleagues on queries of a more complex or technical nature, identifying training needs and recommending or providing training / coaching for colleagues where appropriate.
- Communicate departmental goals and objectives to employees and be receptive to ideas and suggestions from employees to achieve strategic aims.
Processes and control
- Establish, maintain and review operating policies and job cards (systems of internal control) to ensure that they are sufficiently robust to adequately safeguard the Group’s assets and where weaknesses are identifying ensure remedial action is taken in a timely manner.
- Understand the output of the department, putting in place controls and reconciliations to ensure accounting discrepancies are identified and take ownership of issues through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Support the risk culture of the organisation by taking personal responsibility for identifying and managing risks in everything you do.
- Support with relevant project work when required ensuring tasks are followed through to an acceptable finish.
Are you the one for us?
- Qualified Accountant – ACCA or equivalent
- Post qualified experience within a management accounting team
- Demonstrable experience in financial reporting
- Meticulous, analytical and detail focused
- Excellent organisational, time management and project management skills
- Proactive and self motivated
If this sounds like you, we’d love you to get in touch. Click apply to submit your CV, along with a few paragraphs explaining why you think you’re right for the role.