Interim Financial Reporting Manager (12-month FTC)
We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage market. With over 1,000 reviews we are ranked third place within a group of banks, rated as 4.7 out of 5. This puts us in the category of being an excellent service provider.
- Competitive Salary
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a Hybrid workspace.
- Full Time
- 26 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical Insurance & Income Protection
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- Flexible working options
- Opportunities to get involved in our charity and community work
The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic, and educational areas own 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We give back to our local and wider communities through various forms of fundraising and support, and we encourage our people to do the same. Our employees get to take four days off work to do something for good causes with our ‘Four to do More’ initiative.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
We have an opportunity within our Finance Division for an experienced Financial Reporting Manager to join our team on an interim basis for up to 12 months. We are looking for an ambitious, technically strong, self starter who will join a team of 5 individuals and report to the Group Financial Controller.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of the Financial Reporting with the oversight of both the interim and year-end audit liaising with the Group’s auditors.
- Assisting in the preparation of papers for the finance and audit committee.
- Liaising with our third-party actuarial provider and drive the setting of the year end actuarial assumptions.
- Producing and reviewing both the consolidated financial statements and separate entity financial statements under IFRS and FRS 101.
- Working with external tax advisers to ensure tax returns are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assisting the Finance Transformation Manager in projects across the business, with a view to maximising efficiency, and reporting the results in a concise manner to senior management.
- Assisting the Operations team with the development of the new mortgage and savings servicing software, ensuring that the requirements of the management accounting, regulatory reporting and business insight teams are factored into the new solution.
- Assessing the impact of new products and develop a process to onboard new products in an efficient and controlled manner ensuring that the requirements of the management accounting, regulatory reporting and business insight teams are considered.
- Working with the Business Intelligence team to drive efficiencies in both financial and regulatory reporting processes using the Data Warehouse.
Desirable candidate :
- This role would be ideal for someone that has experience of leading audit engagements or has worked as an auditor in practice.
- Qualified ACCA/ACA or equivalent ideally with experience in Financial Services.
- Sound accounting and financial acumen and knowledge of IFRS.
- Ability to work independently and find solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
Please send your application using the ‘Apply Now’ Button by 31st March 2022.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer. We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.