Financial Controls Manager
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- Flexible working options
- Opportunities to get involved in our charity and community work
Live your life. Give back. Grow into the person and the expert you’re cut out to be.
The closing date for applications is 22th April 2022.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
As Hodge continues to embark on its next chapter the Bank has already seen a large amount of growth, both in terms of financial performance but importantly its colleagues. Our strategic vision is underpinned by our people and our investment in our colleagues. Our culture is what makes us special and ultimately what delivers our purpose to make a positive difference for our customers and communities.
Our aim is to open financial possibilities where options seem limited. Helping a family get a mortgage, saving for that dream or investing in or developing property. All of our customers get much more than just products: we give them simple solutions and support when they need it most.
Hodge’s ambition is to become a truly customer-centric organisation and as part of a major support function within the business – we are looking for an ambitious, technically strong, self-starter who will report into and work closely with the Financial Controller. Our new Financial Controls Manager will have an integral role in shaping the Group’s processes, policies and reporting of controls as the business grows to hit its strategic objectives.
What will your day look like?
Your key responsibilities as Financial Controls Manager will include:
- Leading the development and on-going monitoring of the Group’s financial control framework.
- Leading the implementation of a UK SOX-style controls environment.
- Taking ownership of Finance’s RCSA (Risk and Control Self-Assessment) framework.
- Maintaining up-to-date documentation of end-to-end processes, identifying key controls within each process.
- Designing, documenting and implementing internal controls.
- Designing and perform testing to regularly monitor the design and operating effectiveness of internal financial controls.
- Evaluating any deficiencies reported in the design and operating effectiveness of financial controls and monitor remediation plans.
- Providing guidance and advice to control owners for remediation of internal financial controls where necessary.
- Providing support, advice and education to the business on the impact of new regulatory requirements.
- Preparing control assessment findings and recommendations for Executive and Board Committees.
- Working closely with internal and external audit teams.
- Working with Finance and Operations teams to ensure that any business change activities are embedded into the control framework.
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by the CFO.
Are you the one for us?
- This role would be ideal for someone that has been Practice trained with exposure to Auditing US Listed business that operate under SOX compliance.
- You will ideally be ACCA/ACA qualified, with exposure drafting policies and procedures.
- Previous experience of designing, implementing and/or testing financial controls or processes is desirable.
- You will be well versed in delivering a controls framework within a highly regulated organisation.
- A strong communicator with excellent stakeholder management skills.
If that sounds like you, we’d love you to get in touch. Submit your CV, along with a few paragraphs explaining why you think you’re right for the role.
Please make sure your application will arrive with us by 14th April 2022.