Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
The Executive Assistant will provide proactive executive support to the Retail Director (Deputy CEO) and Chief Information Officer.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Organise the Retail Director and Chief information Officer diary. Arranging meetings both internally and externally.
- Booking transport and accommodation where necessary.
- Manage the PRA/FCA inbox. Ensuring all requests are dealt with in a timely manner and maintain logs for audit purpose.
- Prepare Board reports for the Retail Director and Chief information Officer when required.
- Support the Executive Support Manager by collating and distributing meeting papers as well as preparing weekly minutes for Executive Committees.
- Organise events i.e., strategy away days for the Retail Director and Chief information Officer.
- Support the Cosec team in collating information requests from internal and external sources i.e., external audit, PRA documents.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information related to division (e.g., PRA/FCA rules, Data Protection, Money Laundering, etc.), as advised by line management.
- Organise and follow up on monthly Board reports for the Retail Director and Chief information Officer
- Collate, distribute and follow up actions arising from Executive committees and Board Meetings as necessary.
- Support the Executive Support manager with Minute taking. This includes preparing agendas, collating meeting papers, attend, and minute the meeting ensuring the final minutes and actions are communicated in a timely manner.
What we need from you:
- Experienced within a similar role, supporting Executives or Directors
- Experience within a regulated environment would be highly desirable
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated and works on own initiative.
- Analytical and methodical thinking
- Attention to detail with excellent literacy and good numerical skills.
In return we offer:
- £25-26,750k depending on experience
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.