Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
We are hiring an Enterprise Risk Manager to join our Risk & Compliance team. The Enterprise Risk Manager will report to the Chief Risk Officer to assist with the development and delivery of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework. The right candidate will be identifying, assessing, managing and controlling risk within the Banks risk appetite.
- Lead the development, review and challenge of the RCSAs (Risk & Control Self-Assessment) process across Hodge Bank, providing guidance and assistance for process owners in developing controls and a instilling a strong risk management culture.
- Support the risk team in maintenance of the Banks risk registers.
- Carry out key control testing as required, reviewing business attestations and evidence.
- Develop relationships with process owners and raise the profile of effectively operated controls, promoting best practices and continuous improvement setting future standards and challenging management where appropriate.
- Provide oversight and assessment of data quality within RCSAs and wider Governance, Risk and Compliance toolsets.
- Drive ownership of risk treatment plans, maintain an accurate up to date register and proactively engaging and assisting the business to submit robust and complete evidence for closure of the actions.
- Support the Risk Function in maintenance of the Incident Management process, carrying out incident management training to all staff on an ongoing basis including providing constructive challenge on risk events and remediation proposals and supporting in identification of root causes.
- Produce reports & MI for management and Board on key risks and controls across Hodge Bank including for the CRO, Executive Risk Committee and Board Risk Committee.
- Promote good governance practices across the Group in line with published standards and guidance
- Generate insight reports from Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) toolset to assist the Risk & Compliance function identify areas of focus or escalation.
- Previous experience in 2nd line Risk Function.
- Educated to Degree Level
- Up-to-date knowledge of Compliance & Risk regulatory and legislative information related to Group products and services (PRA/FCA rules/ Data protection, Money Laundering, Conduct Rules).
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please send your application using the ‘Apply Now’ Button by 1st Novemeber 2022.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.