Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge. We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, Commercial Lending and specialist Mortgage markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting welfare, medical, academic and educational areas own over 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have an exciting and new opportunity for Due Diligence Specialists to join our dynamic and collaborative Commercial Lending Team.
This is a great opportunity for ambitious individuals to be part of a fast paced and growing team with ambitious new business targets. You will be working for a successful organisation which is passionate about delivering excellence and delighting our clients.
This is a new role to establish an excellent Due Diligence service for Portfolio Buy to Let, Residential investment and Development loans within the Commercial Lending team. We have achieved significant growth and have ambitious plans to grow further.
We are looking for motivated individuals to join this busy team and provide strong due diligence support.
The successful candidate must be, organised and able to work under their own initiative. You will have the ability to multi-task and to work under pressure at times. A high level of attention to detail is essential. You will also be required to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Act as a subject matter expert; sharing technical expertise, advice and guidance.
- Prepare commercial lending facility letters, liaising with Bank panel Solicitors where appropriate.
- Agree and accept the Terms of Engagement with the Professionals engaged to assist with the completion of the Banks Security.
- Instruct third party lawyers and valuers.
- Review all third party reports and correspondence to ensure they are acceptable from a risk perspective.
- Review all the technical reports documentation to confirm to the relationship team that the due diligence is completed to a satisfactory standard.
- Proactively seek improvements to existing processes.
- Review and assess the risks of complex client applications.
- Prepare and submit relevant documentation for to Relationship team to assist with completion.
What we are looking for
- Experience in commercial property lending within a financial services environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to deliver high quality results under time pressure.
- Liaison with a wide stakeholder group and ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Experience in a Secured Lending environment is essential.
- Experience of working in banking or Commercial Lending is desirable
- Excellent communication and good interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team .
- The ability to manage workloads independently.
- Excellent organisational skills – enabling the successful candidate to deal with high volume workloads efficiently.
- Excellent customer service/ delivery skills
- Computer literate – experience working with MS Office suite of programmes is essential.
- An ability and willingness to learn new skills and processes
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard education or equivalent, with a desirable Degree or professional qualifications in respect of commercial lending or property law.
If you are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the ‘apply now’ button.
Benefits at Hodge
Alongside competitive salaries and an annual discretionary bonus, we offer a competitive benefits package, including:
- Competitive Pension
- 26 days holiday entitlement, plus the opportunity to purchase additional days.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Subsidised Gym Memberships
- Funded Eye Tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Travel Loans
- Retail Discounts
- Enhanced Parental & Adoption Leave