Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
Reporting to the Due Diligence Manager the Due Diligence Officer will assist in providing a centralised due diligence process supporting the technical aspects of the Commercial Lending new business process from Customer acceptance of terms to first drawdown. The role is to ensure compliance with Hodge’s regulatory and statutory obligations together with internal policies and procedures, ensuring that all technical aspects of an agreed lending facility are in line with the terms of sanction.
- Assist with the preparation of commercial lending facility letters, liaising with Bank panel and client Solicitors where appropriate.
- Assist with the acceptance of the Terms of Engagement with the Professionals engaged to assist with the completion of the Banks Security.
- Assist in instructing Solicitors to provide relevant undertakings and undertake reports on title, complete and arrange the execution of the Banks required security documentation.
- Assist with the review all the solicitors and third-party reports and correspondence to ensure they are acceptable from a risk perspective and appropriately fulfil the sanctioned conditions. Liaise where necessary with the Commercial Lending relationship team and Head of Credit.
- Assist in instructing Valuers and where appropriate monitoring Quantity Surveyors to undertake required valuations and development reports.
- Assist with the review all the technical reports documentation to confirm to the relationship team that the due diligence is completed to a satisfactory standard.
- Assist with the preparation of and submit relevant documentation to the Relationship team to assist with completion.
- Produce and distribute all relevant lending &legal documentation including loan agreements, to all relevant parties in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure electronic files are maintained in accordance with file protocol and CL databases are maintained accurately.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Compliance & Risk regulatory and legislative information related to Group products and services (e.g. PRA/FCA rules, Data Protection, Money Laundering, etc.), as advised by line management. Support the risk culture of the organisation by taking personal responsibility for identifying and managing risks in everything you do.
- Experience in the perfection of security for a bank or financial Institution.
- Experience in a customer services environment
- Expert knowledge of commercial lending security requirements.
- Understanding of conveyancing law.
- A good understanding of the construction and Residential Investment process & the issues that can impact a project delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or caseloads
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.