Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
We are looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to report to the Senior Cyber Security Engineer ensuring that operational controls in relation to Hodge systems, infrastructure and data are managed in line with cyber and information security best practice and that the estate is pro-actively upgraded and maintained.
Key responsibilities will include:
Cyber Security Operation
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate cyber security toolset covering user, infrastructure, and application activity
- Undertake all required activities to ensure that operational cyber controls and working effectively and managed pro-actively.
- Operate vulnerability management process across applications and infrastructure to ensure risk is managed effectively and ongoing process improvement
- Work with outsourced security providers to ensure work being undertaken is of required standard and appropriate reporting is available.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Security Controls Catalogue to ensure consistent reporting of risks and controls, and alignment to best practise.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained to support current and future activity.
- Ensure work includes appropriate quality control mechanisms and automated reporting.
- Contribute to the ongoing cyber awareness and education programme for Hodge colleagues.
- Work to ensure Cyber security activity undertaken supports visibility, transparency and suitable metrics on cyber controls and activity.
- Contribute to assurance assessments of third-party suppliers
Project and Change Support
- Work with Service Delivery and Technology Project colleagues on implementation and planning of cyber related tools and projects.
- Work with business and IT stakeholders to ensure security provision and tools align with short and longer-term goals.
- Work with software and delivery teams to provide cyber security and controls guidance across development and infrastructure projects.
- Engage with and contribute to relevant cyber and tech community forums.
- Advise and coach other team members to aid their technical and team development.
- Pro-actively investigate technology landscape and best practise to identify improvements.
What we need from you:
- 1+ years experience in Cyber or Information Security Role
- Knowledge of range of tools to implement Cyber controls.
- Knowledge in IT security best practice, solutions and frameworks and the ability to demonstrate understanding of vulnerability remediation
In return we offer:
- Competitive Salary of £30-50k per annum
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.