Customer Service Representative
Hodge are a financial services business focused on the commercial lending, savings and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
We are looking for people to join our growing customer operations team at Hodge during a time of exciting transformation and growth. If you share our belief that our job is to make ourselves easy to do business with, then we’d love to speak to you about roles in our Customer Service team.
- You can communicate in a positive tone of voice, turning difficult conversations into positive experiences for our customers. Where you don’t know the answer, you show your curious side and work with your colleagues, your Continuous Improvement Coach and your Team Leader to find out the answer.
- You take on and act on feedback and coaching from your Continuous Improvement Coach and your Team Leader in a positive way. You also use our quality framework as a guide when having conversations with our customers.
- As well as handling our customers enquiry ‘in the moment’ you are also looking ahead to what will happen next in our customers journey, so they are clear what they can expect from being a customer of Hodge, leaving the call thinking ‘that was easy’.
- You know our customers better than anyone in the business, so you will shout and share where we can do things better for our customers. Whether that be a process that creates effort, a gap in our systems, or a product that may make our customers lives better, we want you to shout about this and escalate to your Team Leader and Continuous Improvement Coach.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as and when requested by senior management.
- Support the risk culture of the organisation by taking personal responsibility for identifying and managing risks in everything you do.
- Strong experience of creating low effort customer service experiences.
- Experience of using our customer service systems and processes
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Attention to detail with excellent literacy and good numerical skills.
- Able to follow procedures and work within regulated environment.
In return we offer:
- Salary: £20,500 increasing to £21,000 after probation period
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, we believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognise the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation. ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.