Customer Experience Manager, Mortgages – 12 month maternity cover
Hodge are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
The thing that sets us up to succeed with that mission is our people. We are so proud to have exceptional colleagues at Hodge, and we look to develop and invest in our people through their careers. Hodge is at its best when we enable our people to be their best!
The Customer Experience Manager will develop a seamless journey for our customers and brokers, across all our contact channels, acting as the voice of our customers through every step of the journey.
At Hodge we are obsessed with our customers and the successful person will champion this by continuing to evolve our Customer Experience in order to meet the customer’s needs, ensuring loyalty and satisfaction.
You will play an integral part in analysing business performance to inform and influence key stakeholders to help inform and drive the customer strategy, technology and change roadmap.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Have a strong understanding of the end-to-end mortgage journey, understanding how each process, and procedure work together to deliver a holistic mortgage experience for our customers.
- Development of customer journeys, ensuring that by design it creates an effortless customer experience.
- Have a strong understanding of market regulation and Consumer Duty principles to ensure good customer outcomes.
- Define the analytics to measure our customers experience at every point through a customer’s journey (voice of the process).
- Work with Product Owners, Operations, CX team and wider business stakeholder to define and implement improvement initiatives with a strong focus on cost vs benefit.
- Work with Business Analysts, CX Specialists, and operational teams to define requirements, ensuring that sufficient time has been spent to ensure a full understanding and impact assessment for each change has been completed.
- You will ensure that for every calculation, business process, and procedure, there is a named SME and deputy who can provide full details for each item that makes up the service.
- Work with Product Owners and Technology teams to approve designs and ensure these support what is required from an operational perspective.
- Be the voice of the customer and voice of the operation to the Technology teams, ensuring that design and systems meet the needs of our customers and colleagues.
- Engage every member of staff in our customer journeys, creating regular opportunities for our customer facing and non-customer facing colleagues to review and continuously improve the touchpoints that generate the most effort for our customers
What we need from you:
- Experience of designing and implementing customer journeys, process analytics and voice of the customer programmes
- Leadership within Financial Services.
- Experience working within Origination & Servicing across Mortgages
- Working closely with customers & brokers
- Business case creation
- Analysing insight to provide actionable recommendations.
- A passion for customers and creating a customer centric culture.
- Inquisitive and analytical mind that likes to understand the detail.
- Confidence to constructively question and challenge status quo.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- A strong understanding of customer experience measures, including customer effort and Net Promoter Score.
- Attention to detail with excellent literacy and good numerical skills.
In return we offer:
- Based in Cardiff City Centre or remote operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.