Hodge are a financial services business focused on the commercial lending, savings and specialist residential mortgage markets. Working at Hodge is about making a difference. That starts with our purpose: we make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA, as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
A new opportunity within our Operations division. Reporting to the Head of Servicing, The role is an excellent opportunity for an influential leader to manage, coach and develop the Customer Care and Property team to ensure standards are met and maintained.
Are you the one for us?
- Leadership within Financial Services.
- Experience working within recoveries across Mortgages & Savings
- Working closely with customers
Key responsibilities will include:
- Inspire, motivate and lead the Customer Care and Property Sales Teams, ensuring that there are effective controls in place and that all agreed service levels and Key risk indicators are adhered to
- Create and embed a learning culture within the Customer Care and Property Sales Teams, which remain well informed of regulatory, legal and market trends
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Bank and regulatory obligations
- Managing, measuring and monitoring all team’s department activity for accuracy/productivity and good customer outcomes
- Responsible for reporting against SLA’s suggesting solutions to improve customer outcomes and performance
- To monitor a sample basis of out puts from the teams to ensure compliance with quality, policies & procedures ensuring staff are competent in their role and are cross trained to ensure resilience across the function
- To ensure adherence to all audit and compliance requirements through regular control checks
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the function, including resourcing, technology, people and team development performance management and succession planning
- Managing and reviewing supplier relationships (solicitors/field agents), including reviewing legal and litigation processes
- Responsible for the delivery of a First-Class customer experience throughout the Savings customer journeys.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Compliance & Risk regulatory and legislative information related to Group products and services (e.g. PRA/FCA rules, Data Protection, Money Laundering, etc.), as advised by line management.
- Maintain good knowledge and understanding of all relevant Groupwide and departmental policies and procedures relevant to the role, being compliant with these policies and procedures at all times.
- Support the risk culture of the organisation by taking personal responsibility for identifying and managing risks in everything you do.
- Educated to degree standard
This role is identified as falling under a category of staff whose professional activities are deemed to have a material impact on Hodge’s risk profile under the following criteria:
- Manager of Certification Employees
In return we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Based in Cardiff City Centre operating in a highly flexible Hybrid workspace.
- 28 days Holiday with the option to buy more.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Private Medical & Health Insurance
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave – Up to 20 weeks paid Maternity AND Paternity leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- 4 days on top of annual leave for community and charity work
- Flexible working options
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
ESG and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and serves as a reminder of the responsibility we have to our stakeholders, customers, colleagues and the communities we operate in to use our position wisely. We’re currently exploring different certifications available and have done an initial review of how we think we’d fare, as we see this as a real opportunity for Hodge given our social purpose.