Commercial Lending Credit Manager
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive learning and development programme
- Generous, personalised benefits package
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company pension contribution up to 15%
- Flexible working options – at home, in the office, blended
- Opportunities to get involved in our charity and community work
Live your life. Give back. Grow into the person and the expert you are cut out to be.
The closing date for applications is 2nd March 2022.
For over 50 years, we’ve shared the same simple mission: to really make a positive difference for our customers and communities. This ethos is in our DNA as we are 79% owned by a charity, the Hodge Foundation.
Our purpose is to open financial possibilities where options seem limited. Helping a family get a mortgage, saving for that dream or investing in or developing property. All of our customers get much more than just products: we give them simple solutions and support when they need it most.
We are looking for a Credit Manager reporting to the Head of Commercial Credit. The job holder will provide proactive support and play a critical role in ensuring maintenance of credit quality standards across Commercial Lending.
Ensuring that company standards are met and appropriate procedures are followed so that the Bank is not exposed to risk levels outside its defined appetite. This will include providing technical review and assistance on matters relating to securities, due diligence and loan documentation.
Responsibilities for this role will increase with professional development and development within the role.
What will your day look like?
Your key responsibilities as Credit Manager will be:
- Undertake a review of Commercial Lending credit applications to ensure that relevant information and documentation is present in accordance with policy, together with an appropriate risk assessment/overview.
- At a suitable stage in your development, it is anticipated the role holder will hold a sanctioning authority to approve WIP payments, renewals and minor amendments to credit applications.
- Provide assistance to the Due Diligence team/Relationship team in reviewing key transactional process documents (e.g. Facility Agreements), to ensure they accurately reflect the basis of the sanction.
- Review and analyse legal, valuation and other due diligence documentation to ensure that they are acceptable from a risk perspective and appropriately fulfil sanction conditions.
- Coordinate specific credit and documentation projects as allocated by Head of Commercial Credit.
- Assist with key workstreams, year end Audit matters; interacting with Risk and Compliance; IFRS9 provisioning/S&P scorecard matters; yearend impairment review; maintaining and review of CL Credit Policy.
- Assist with delivering a suitable content and agenda for quarterly Commercial Credit Committee meetings.
Are you the one for us?
- Do you have recent generalist corporate banking or financial service experience in Commercial Lending?
- Do you have experience in a credit assessment or underwriting role?
- Do you have an understanding of Commercial Lending administration?
- Can you analyse and interpret financial and non-financial information?
- Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills?
- Do you have strong influencing skills and the ability to work on own initiative?
- Are you self-motivated and enthusiastic?
- Do you have an excellent IT skillset using Microsoft Office?
If that sounds like you, we’d love you to get in touch. Click to apply and submit your CV, along with a few paragraphs explaining why you think you’re right for the role along with your salary expectations.